Hyundai Genesis Sedan 2008-Present European styling and luxury combined with a high performance V8 makes the Genesis a serious contender.

Genesis information system freeze

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 04:49 PM

I purchased the car (a new 2012) on 11/18/12 and discovered the problem within a day. I called the dealer (Hardin Hyundai of Anaheim, CA) and they had me make an appointment with the service department last saturday. I took it in and it was frozen until I was about a mile from the dealership when it started working. I was a little concerned that they were going to say they needed to see the problem first but they didn't. They took it in and 15 minutes later they said the were ordering me a replacement head unit and it would be in the following Wednesday. The following Wednesday they called me to tell me it was in and I scheduled an appointment for the next morning. I took it in on Thursday morning and within an hour and a half they had replaced the unit and I was ready to go. They first completely checked out all the functions and then with me in the car again. Everything worked properly. I have now had it three days since then and the Navigation, traffic, phone and radio functions all work perfectly. I was very satisfied with the service department. They were courteous, professional and kept me informed while I was waiting and afterwards explained exactly what they had done.

It appears that service is hit and miss depending on the dealership. If this level of service continues, they will keep my business.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:19 AM

Nope. Never happened to my Genny 4.6.

Old 02-27-2024, 02:17 AM

neither my genesis