Hyundai Getz Offering a sportier look than the Atos, the Getz preserves the economy of the sub compact market in both the 2 and 4 door models.

Getz 2003 Removing Window handle from door?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 04:43 AM
Default Getz 2003 Removing Window handle from door?

Hello, I have a 2003 Getz that has manual window handles, not power windows. My workshop manuals only cover power windows, so its hard to remove the internal door lining - although I could remove all the screws, the internal lock etc, but the window handle was too hard to remove. I just want to remove the door lining so I can fit some nicer & louder stereo speakers on the front doors (first thing is to check what size the speakers are? 4in? 6.5in? etc).
Does anyone know how to remove the window handles? or where I can find some information on it?

Thanks,

Old 12-28-2019, 04:10 AM

There is usually a spring behind the window crank handle that keeps the padding up against the handle. If you push the material behind the handle you will see either a pin to push out or a clip that you pull up on with a small hook you make. Once you remove the retainer (clip or pin) the handle will come off. When ready to install the handle , pin goes back into hole in handle and window mechanism. If it uses a spring "C" retainer, just install the clip back on to the handle and just push the handle back on. What is usually done here is make a mental note of the position where the handle is like up and to the right so when you go to reinstall it make sure the window is all the way up and then push the handle back on in that same position. The idea is to make sure the handle is not hitting the driver's knee when driving and the window is all the way up.

Old 01-04-2020, 04:38 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks Hanky!
Yes, that works! - I get it now, and remember its basically a standard type used on lots of cars (some of mine in the past). I also found some replacement window winders on eBay that are quite cheap.