Hyundai Getz Offering a sportier look than the Atos, the Getz preserves the economy of the sub compact market in both the 2 and 4 door models.

Problem - Dragon Performance mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Default Problem - Dragon Performance mod

Hi

I've fitted a Dragon Performance fuel remap piggy-back device (see http://www.dragonperformanceuk.com/hyun.html) and found it to have little or no effect on either performance or economy. Anyone have any experience with these units? I've tried to talk to the guys there but they are always busy and never call me back or answer email. Have I got a bad Dragon Performance unit?

My car is a 2004 Getz 1.5CRDi 82cv, the 3-cylinder jobbie, but it had a new engine fitted when I bought it (December 2007). I fitted the Dragon unit in February 2008.

Thanks.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Default RE: Problem - Dragon Performance mod

I'm not farmiliar with this exact item but i've seen several piggy back performance mod and from what i've read, they do nothing but dump more fuel into your engine and cause more damage than good. The only way to truely remap your computer is to have the computer itself reflashed or to get an actual chip that plugs into the computer is inline with the computer. IF you're looking for a little more power, do an intake and exhaust upgrade.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:19 AM

im also not familiar with the certain product, and i think the product is a pure bogus as it does no good to the vehicle and also the product itself is not familiar to many...

Old 12-11-2008, 08:28 AM

I as well have never hurd of your unit, but would say its just a gimic.

The potential to get more power out of a un modded car just by changing fuel flow and messing timing, is slim to none. And any that is achieved is typicaly at the expense of fuel economy.

Not saying its not possible if youuse a true tunning software, but will be hard to acheive with a piggy back unit.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Dragon Performance problems - beware! I took my car in for a routine service - without the Dragon unit fitted (I removed it a while ago, as it is good as useless in my view) and the garage advised me the engine was smoking too much. They had to strip the engine partly down and clean some components, which looked as though they had tar on them. My Spanish is not brilliant but they advised me it had been caused by too many short journeys without the engine warming up properly (not the case), or excessive fuel. They were going to blame a sensor or the ECU until I told them about the Dragon unit. I left four hours later and €180 worse off. My advice - don't install a Dragon Performance unit. From my experience it does not enhance performance, it worsens fuel economy and it apparently causes the engine to gum up.