Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

4WD System Warning light blinking -loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Default 4WD System Warning light blinking -loss of power

Hello

The 4 WD system warning light blinks while driving. When that occurs there is sudden loss of power. Quite dangerous on fast roads as I can get hit by cars coming from behind. Has anyone experienced such problem? It is in the problem list of the manual but I am failing to get it sorted out by the local dealer.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

That does not sound like a problem with the TPS to me. That's a problem with the 4WD system. It could be something minor like a bad wheel sensor or a tire that is too low in pressure or wrong size. But it could be a major fault in the 4WD system itself. Either way, I'd suggest going to a Hyundai dealer that knows and deals with the Santa Fe 4WD system.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Default 4WD System Warning light blinking -loss of power

Thanks. Problem is that there is only one dealer in the country. The closest one is in South Africa about 500 km away. The problem occurs when there is sudden acceleration or deceleration and more so when the engine is cold, during drive or when I start the engine. If I switch off engine, start again and accelerate quite smoothly, say reaching 2500-3000 rpm in 3 seconds and keep it like that for about 2-3 km, the car starts behaving well. But as soon as the engine does not work for more that 30 minutes, the light comes on when I start again. I suspect it has something to do with some electronic devices, because sometimes it puts the aircon on as well. Sounds crazy, I feel like in one of those movies where robots take over control.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:58 PM

Hello,
I have got hyundai ix35 highlander 2011 and having the same problem as you mentioned. I left the car at Hyundai dealer service centre for last one week and still they are not able to find out the actual cause. I am just wondering how did you manage this problem? Were you able to fix it at all? Much appreciated if you can advise something to me regarding this issue. Thanks.