Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

corner lamps/ fog lights not working... NEED HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Default corner lamps/ fog lights not working... NEED HELP!!!!!

Hello, I was just working on my car and had the fog light button removed because it wasnt lighting up. Well, then i realized that my right front corner lamp (yellow one) and the side marker on the bumper were not working when i turned the lights on. They work when i turn the turnsignal and hazards on but not with the regular lights. What is wrong!?!?! i checked the fuses that seemed to make the most sense but they were all good. What fuses should i check (if any)? AND too top it all off. my stupid a$$ shorted the part that has the button for the fog lights. So now the fog lights dont work what so ever. What can I do here to fix my problems. I know I am going to have to buy a new peice for the fog lights so if i can get it, what am i asking for? there are multiple numbers on this KIA peice. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Aaron

Old 08-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: corner lamps/ fog lights not working... NEED HELP!!!!!

My guess is that you did, in fact, blow a fuse. I'm an Elantra guy so I don't know which fuse off-hand, but I might be able to find out. What year is your vehicle?

Or... if you want to check it for yourself, look at http://www.hmaservice.com to find the schematics for your vehicle. You have to register (free). If they don't send you a password right away, go back in and do the Forgot Password thing (sometimes the registration doesn't work right away). Once you're in, put in your vehicle model and year, and go to the ETM section for the schematics.

I think that the problem is probably the fuse for the right side marker lights. On my Elantra, there are two fuses for marker lights, one right and one left. And one of them also drives the relay for the fog lights.

Don't panic, I think this will be a simple fix.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 PM

Thanks for the fast response. Its an 03. It must be an unusual name or something because i checked the fuses that seemed obvious.

Thank you for the help. If you can find out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Aaron

Old 08-23-2008, 09:12 AM

problem solved. it was a fuse under the dash. thanks for the site Doohickie. very helpful. Also, when i replaced the fuse, my fog lights work again. I just need to get a new LED for the switch.

Thanks again.

Aaron

Old 08-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

I suspected as much. I'm just not as familiar with the Santa Fe. I figured it would be similar to the Elantra. On that car, the fuses to check are Fuses 6 and 7 for the marker lights and illuminations, and Fuse 25 for just about every other common problem (inside lights, dome lights, stereo memory, etc.) When people have a problem I just tell them to check Fuse 25 and that fixes Elantra problems probably 80% of the time (especially when a stereo installation is involved).

Old 08-24-2008, 11:45 AM

yeh the santa fe was fuse 24 or 28. cant remember now. that site is pretty nice.

thanks again.

Aaron