Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

New Sante Fe suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Default New Sante Fe suggestions?

Greetings all...
Just picked out a new Sante Fe for my wife. This will be our first Hyundai... so hopefully we'll be happy owners for quite a while. We'retrading in our Honda Pilot which we both have enjoyed (2nd Pilot we've owned).She (we) chose the Sante Fe over a new Pilot.

Any/all suggestions on anything to do with the vehicle regardless of what it may be is appreciated... We've bought low mileage but never new. What should we watch for for the first few thousand miles?

Specs...
08' AWD Ltd... 3rd seat w/DVD... tow hitch... carpets... splash guards... *color edit* ended up with Natural Khaki instead of white w/dark interior.

Thank you!!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Default RE: New Sante Fe suggestions?

Any Sante Fe owneres? Thanks...

Old 03-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not a Santa Fe owner but I've always wanted one. I drove one about a year ago wanting to replace my wifes Chrysler minivan with one. She liked it but she would rather have a minivan. She liked the Entourage or Kia Sedona better. However, if were my choice, I'd get a Santa Fe (or a Veracruz). I drive a Tucson currentlyand it's my 2nd personal Hyundai (I also boughta usedAccent for my mother-in-law). All 3 havebeen great cars. I think you made a great choice. Hondas are great but I think you pay extra just for the name. Hyundai has become a great car company with real quality since about 2000-2001. Good luck with your Santa Fe and welcome to the forum.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Welcome to Hyundai...

I bought a 2007 Sante Fe in December. It's been okay... not my favorite vehicle by a long stretch. You will notice noises that you probably will not be use to. But with a 10 year warranty, you'll have plenty of opportunity to have the dealer fix things.

I plan on having the dealer look at something during every oil change.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: NovaResource

I'm not a Santa Fe owner but I've always wanted one. I drove one about a year ago wanting to replace my wifes Chrysler minivan with one. She liked it but she would rather have a minivan. She liked the Entourage or Kia Sedona better. However, if were my choice, I'd get a Santa Fe (or a Veracruz). I drive a Tucson currentlyand it's my 2nd personal Hyundai (I also boughta usedAccent for my mother-in-law). All 3 havebeen great cars. I think you made a great choice. Hondas are great but I think you pay extra just for the name. Hyundai has become a great car company with real quality since about 2000-2001. Good luck with your Santa Fe and welcome to the forum.
Thank you... I hope we made a good choice. We actually chose the Sante Fe over the Pilot. Prices were about the same. We had a dealer give us an insane price on a new Pilot but chose the Hyundai still. So I can't say I bought it to save a few bucks. Fit to finish I was very impressed with the build quality of the Sante Fe. We'll find out after we put a few miles on it.

All the best!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 PM

ORIGINAL: csmpez

Welcome to Hyundai...

I bought a 2007 Sante Fe in December. It's been okay... not my favorite vehicle by a long stretch. You will notice noises that you probably will not be use to. But with a 10 year warranty, you'll have plenty of opportunity to have the dealer fix things.

Hopefully they're just little quirks that can be ironed out. I have a Toyota Avalon with just 18k on it and I've got to say it has a few tiny noises as well. These are the little things that my wife never notices but drive me nuts. Very few cars I've had are as quite as we probably think they should be. Good luck with your SF...

Old 03-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

I think you made a great choice but I may be slightly biased. Best of luck with it. Happy motoring!

Old 03-26-2008, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Shawk

Welcome to Hyundai...

Hopefully they're just little quirks that can be ironed out. I have a Toyota Avalon with just 18k on it and I've got to say it has a few tiny noises as well. These are the little things that my wife never notices but drive me nuts. Very few cars I've had are as quite as we probably think they should be. Good luck with your SF...
I'm sure they can be ironed out. One of them is a high pitch noise coming from the radio. When you turn down the volumn to zero and then back up to one, you hear it. I ask my wife, "you hear that!?!" She looks at me like my dog does when you ask if it wants a treat and says, "hear what?" I reply, "You can't hear that," as I turn it up and down from zero to one... I told her she should be a service manager for a dealership, she has all the right qualifications... "hear what..."

Old 03-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Assuming you have an automatic transmission, be aware that Hyundais use ONLY SP III AT fluid. Don't let a tranny shop convince you that some kind of "universal" fluid will work; they can have detergents that can damage the innards of the tranny and torque converter on Hyundais.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Shawk

Welcome to Hyundai...

I'm sure they can be ironed out. One of them is a high pitch noise coming from the radio. When you turn down the volumn to zero and then back up to one, you hear it. I ask my wife, "you hear that!?!" She looks at me like my dog does when you ask if it wants a treat and says, "hear what?" I reply, "You can't hear that," as I turn it up and down from zero to one... I told her she should be a service manager for a dealership, she has all the right qualifications... "hear what..."
Funny stuff...

Quick Reply: New Sante Fe suggestions?