Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Santa Fe newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Default Santa Fe newbie

Good morning folk I just bought my daughter a 2004 Santa Fe she loves it, however the in dash CD changer did not work. I removed it last night and was able to repair it, however she now wants me to add an I pod jack! I not much of a I pod Guy I don't have one. I must say my wife just made me am MP3 CD for my range rover and I am truly amazed that I have one cd with all my music on it! Point is I am an electronics tech type guy but not really up on the new hip things such as the I pod deal.
Has anyone done this on this car and could you give direction please?

Old 08-01-2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Good morning folk I just bought my daughter a 2004 Santa Fe she loves it, however the in dash CD changer did not work. I removed it last night and was able to repair it, however she now wants me to add an I pod jack! I not much of a I pod Guy I don't have one. I must say my wife just made me am MP3 CD for my range rover and I am truly amazed that I have one cd with all my music on it! Point is I am an electronics tech type guy but not really up on the new hip things such as the I pod deal.
Has anyone done this on this car and could you give direction please?
As far as I know, back in 2004, the audio systems did not have Ipod input capability (no USB ports either in the back or front). So I doubt you will be able to put Ipod jack into it (usb enables control of ipod from the car audio). However, you can connect the Ipod using 3.5 mm jack but Ipod needs to be charged using another wire (little messy). I would buy a Ipod capable audio system (probably costs $200) and put it in the vehicle.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:01 PM

We play our Ipod's in my wife's 2005 through an adapter you can
buy at Radio Shack for about $15-$20. It looks like a cassette tape
with a wire running from it that plugs into your Ipod and plays through
the cassette player.

John

Old 08-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Default Ipod

Hey thank you guys for your input, What I did to solve this issue is I installed a new Kenwood stereo which has the Ipod jack on the front of it.

Thanks

Scotti