Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Santa Fe vs Subaru Outback??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Question Santa Fe vs Subaru Outback??

OK, I'm on the fence, I've had 5 Subaru's, 1 Volvo XC 70 Wagon and ready to buy a new car. We are looking at the Sante Fe FWD Limited and the 2010 Subaru Outback Wagon. Price and Snow handling are now the deciding factors. What would be better?? The car dealers in my area stink and only let you take the Hyundai for 15 minutes with THEM in the car. Don't like that. Need to know how well the Hyundai will handle the snow on say the PA Turnpike driving to State College?? Please give feedback. Thanks. The Subaru will be more money and we know what we are getting but is the Santa Fe worth the change and the chance??

Old 11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Find a better dealer. If all they will give you is a 15 minute drive then go somewhere else.

I live in PA and take the PATP all the time. I've had no problem with my FWD Tucson through many PA winters.

The SF is a great vehicle, and FWD with 4-snow tires beats AWD with all-season tires any day. Buy the SF and use the money you save on a set of quality snow tires.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:44 PM

I would prefer the santa fe if i were you.. basically, it is better to drive and the subaru parts of the outback is quite difficult to find..

Last edited by mikeross; 12-19-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Santa Fe. I've tested Outback, it's very good and the components are very expensive