Want to improve the ride of your 2018 Santa Fe? Do this. - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:13 PM

Default Want to improve the ride of your 2018 Santa Fe? Do this.

I have about 2,400 miles on my 2018 Santa Fe 2.0T ULT AWD. I was so disappointed with the road noise and ride quality, I ditched the factory Kuhmo Crugen all-season tires and upgraded. I did this a week or so ago and the ride quality and road noise issue has improved about 90%. Unbelievable. I will not name the tire brand I upgraded to, but will private message you if you want to know. I will not list them because I do not want to sound like an advertiser for that specific brand and discredit my post. I've seen it done. I did spend over $800 for the four new all-season tires, but after driving on them for a week or two, it was a great investment. I can't believe the difference. As I always do before any purchase, I did a lot of research before I made my decision. Lots of reading and reviews, Consumer Reports, etc. I also researched the Kuhmo Crugen tire and the average score for them across a couple of hundred reviews from various sites was a 4.2 out of 10. The tires I purchased (using the same research sites) scored 9.3 out of 10.... and I sure notice the difference.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:12 AM

New member here, thanks for your post.
I just purchased a new 2018 Santa Fe Sport last week. I specifically chose the one I wanted that didn't have the Kuhmo Crugen all-season tires.
The ride is smooth and quiet and so far I am very pleased.