Want to improve the ride of your 2018 Santa Fe? Do this. - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Go Back  Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Santa Fe
Reload this Page >

Want to improve the ride of your 2018 Santa Fe? Do this.

Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Want to improve the ride of your 2018 Santa Fe? Do this.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:13 PM
Default Want to improve the ride of your 2018 Santa Fe? Do this.

I have about 2,400 miles on my 2018 Santa Fe 2.0T ULT AWD. I was so disappointed with the road noise and ride quality, I ditched the factory Kuhmo Crugen all-season tires and upgraded. I did this a week or so ago and the ride quality and road noise issue has improved about 90%. Unbelievable. I will not name the tire brand I upgraded to, but will private message you if you want to know. I will not list them because I do not want to sound like an advertiser for that specific brand and discredit my post. I've seen it done. I did spend over $800 for the four new all-season tires, but after driving on them for a week or two, it was a great investment. I can't believe the difference. As I always do before any purchase, I did a lot of research before I made my decision. Lots of reading and reviews, Consumer Reports, etc. I also researched the Kuhmo Crugen tire and the average score for them across a couple of hundred reviews from various sites was a 4.2 out of 10. The tires I purchased (using the same research sites) scored 9.3 out of 10.... and I sure notice the difference.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:12 AM

New member here, thanks for your post.
I just purchased a new 2018 Santa Fe Sport last week. I specifically chose the one I wanted that didn't have the Kuhmo Crugen all-season tires.
The ride is smooth and quiet and so far I am very pleased.