Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2006 sonata v6

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Default 2006 sonata v6

when the car is warm and i accelerate quickly , I lose power completely which results in the dangerous sitution of being alongside another car and running out of power while overtaking , this has happened twice and the only remedy is to pull over, switch off, and then restart. The car regains power and I can drive off , only to find that if I make another sudden acceleration , the problem repeats itself .
Any ideas anyone ? Thanks

Old 01-09-2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by zeush
when the car is warm and i accelerate quickly , I lose power completely which results in the dangerous sitution of being alongside another car and running out of power while overtaking , this has happened twice and the only remedy is to pull over, switch off, and then restart. The car regains power and I can drive off , only to find that if I make another sudden acceleration , the problem repeats itself .
Any ideas anyone ? Thanks
How much fuel is in the tank? Mine does the same thing, but only if fuel level is below 1/8 tank.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:21 PM

tank 1/3 full