Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2007 SE - Wheel size options (snow tires)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:07 PM

The steel wheels from the GLS will work just fine with the stock tire size. If you measure the outside diameter it will be exactly the same at 80 inches. I replaced the original GLS steel wheels and tires on my 2009 Sonata with a set of Limited wheels I purchased off ebay. Works just fine. The profile is 55 instead of 60 but the circumference is the same which is all that matters.

As to whether the TPMS can't be programmed for more than four wheels, I tend to doubt this. I have a fifth Limited wheel with TPMS which also works so I have five in all. I got it because if I picked up any more nails and had to have a tire repair I didn't want to drive around with that stupid looking mini spare. I have three other original sensors which will also work should I ever need them I removed from the original steel wheels. Now if I could only get rid of those wheels taking up space in my shed. May put them out for the junk man.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rmissourimule
The steel wheels from the GLS will work just fine with the stock tire size. If you measure the outside diameter it will be exactly the same at 80 inches.
WOW! I thought 24" wheels were big bit 80" diameter wheels! That's amazing. Do you need a ladder to get in your car?

Originally Posted by rmissourimule
As to whether the TPMS can't be programmed for more than four wheels, I tend to doubt this. I have a fifth Limited wheel with TPMS which also works so I have five in all. I got it because if I picked up any more nails and had to have a tire repair I didn't want to drive around with that stupid looking mini spare. I have three other original sensors which will also work should I ever need them I removed from the original steel wheels. Now if I could only get rid of those wheels taking up space in my shed. May put them out for the junk man.
Hyundai cars can only have 4 TPMS sensors programmed. Not 8 not 5. Yes, if you get a flat and put on the spare (the spare does not have a sensor) the TPMS light will still be on until you fix the flat tire.