Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2015 Sonata Hybrid Limited jerking/hesitation while driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 05:01 PM
Default 2015 Sonata Hybrid Limited jerking/hesitation while driving

Question..I have a 2015 Sonata Hybrid Limited with the 2.4, and when the engine is fully warmed, it will start jerking when slight throttle is applied. It happens mostly around town, between 35-45 mph. It feels rythmic, and only does it when NOT in EV mode with accelerator pressed. When I go to manual shift mode, it goes away.
It never happens when in EV mode, or when I have the cruise on..also occurs when blue drive is on or off... does anyone know what it could be? I scanned for codes, there are none. No other error messages on the dash. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-10-2020, 09:10 PM
Default Sounds Familiar

Originally Posted by James Jones
Question..I have a 2015 Sonata Hybrid Limited with the 2.4, and when the engine is fully warmed, it will start jerking when slight throttle is applied. It happens mostly around town, between 35-45 mph. It feels rythmic, and only does it when NOT in EV mode with accelerator pressed. When I go to manual shift mode, it goes away.
It never happens when in EV mode, or when I have the cruise on..also occurs when blue drive is on or off... does anyone know what it could be? I scanned for codes, there are none. No other error messages on the dash. Thanks in advance!

i have had a similar problem. Have you resolved your problem? What was wrong?
Thanks!

Old 09-11-2020, 10:18 AM

Have all of the software updates been done?

Old 09-11-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by s-petersen
Have all of the software updates been done?
I have had it to the dealership twice so I would hope they have checked. They replaced a switch and said it was fixed but I’m still having a problem. When I took it back they said it didn’t do it for them but every time I drive it does it. I’ve done all the minor maintenance that was needed and I’m about to take it back to them. I have an alarm that will go off saying there is a problem with the hybrid system and to turn off the car but it does not stay on. I e told the dealership this. Bleh!

Old 09-11-2020, 07:51 PM

Next time the light is on, have the code read before shutting it off- also,the code should be stored even though the light is not currently lit.

Old 01-05-2021, 06:19 PM
Default 2015 Sonata Hybrid Limited jerking/hesitation while driving

Originally Posted by Rachel Welch Bosket
I have had it to the dealership twice so I would hope they have checked. They replaced a switch and said it was fixed but I’m still having a problem. When I took it back they said it didn’t do it for them but every time I drive it does it. I’ve done all the minor maintenance that was needed and I’m about to take it back to them. I have an alarm that will go off saying there is a problem with the hybrid system and to turn off the car but it does not stay on. I e told the dealership this. Bleh!

Did you get this fixed? I am having the same problem. Dealer updated the software and changed the transmission fluid. Still having the same problem

Old 12-17-2021, 05:48 PM
Default Need help!

Was this issue resolved and if it was, what was the problem?? My dealer is giving me the run around.

Old 12-18-2021, 10:27 AM

Hybrids have been around for a while now. Most did not give any trouble for quite awhile. It's a whole new animal and a lot more complicated than a regular auto.

There are voltages high enough to kill if you don't know what you are doing and special hi voltage equip and training is required to work on them.

Because they are relatively new and performed well for a few years, many shops didn't have a chance to get much experience with them.

Patience does payoff in situations like this. There is a big difference when customers come back for addl service as compared coming back for the same complaint.
Let us know how you make out with this, OK, thanks.

Old 12-20-2021, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Resptse9
Was this issue resolved and if it was, what was the problem?? My dealer is giving me the run around.
They tried replacing the transmission fluid, then they tried replacing some other parts in the transmission, then they wound up replacing the transmission. I still had problems after the transmission was replaced. I got Hyundai corporate customer service involved and wound up they gave me a very good deal on a trade in and got rid of the car