Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Sonata (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/)
-   -   Does anyone have a Sonata Hybrid yet? (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/does-anyone-have-sonata-hybrid-yet-10367/)

fishnrib 02-17-2011 10:28 AM

Does anyone have a Sonata Hybrid yet?

Have been waiting since Dec 2010 and none have shown up in San Diego. I had planned on adding LoJack but I might as well wait for the Blue Link to be added to the Sonata's this Spring.

Tom

mjmeredith 05-26-2011 12:05 PM

Still waiting for Hybrid with leather

I have been waiting to get a Sonata Hybrid with leather interior. I have been on the waiting list for over 4 weeks, dealer claims there are none in the western states. I am in Utah... There have been a few standard models.

56fairway 05-26-2011 01:58 PM

I saw 2 of them

I was at a dealer buying an SE Turbo when the delivery trailer came in. The trailer had a blue and white one on it. The front grill was the honey comb look. However I still liked my SE a little better. I didn't get to see inside but I imagin they were loaded. Anyway while I was sitting there waiting to finish the paper work. I watched them unload when two guys walked in and bought them at sticker price. They noticed them while driving down the highway and followed the truck. They were purchased before the guy could get them off the truck. The dealer said that was the first hybrids they had seen and they were on the lot for about an hour. The guys didn't even test drive them. If the gas prices keep going up, you will never get a chance to buy one.

None 05-26-2011 06:46 PM

I saw a Hybrid Sonata at a dealer in SE Portland, Oregon, a couple of weeks ago.

None

fishnrib 05-27-2011 03:55 PM

2011 Sonata Hybrid Premium Package

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1752

My salesman at Frank Hyundai in San Diego called this morning (April 29) and said my Silver Premium Hybrid just came in. It took me about 20 minutes to get there and claim it.
I managed to get $1,000 ($500 current Hyundai owner, $500 military vet) off the $31,780. Didn't want to haggle anymore as this was the only premium
they had along with one other silver base model. We do mostly hilly city driving so far and only get 28-29 MPG. Other people like in Texas are reporting about 40-45 MPG
on flat highway driving. There is a problem that causes the check engine light to come on that seems to be attributed to (Small EVAP System Leak) code is P0456
recommend replace NVLD Sensor.. This is causing about a 10 MPG loss in fuel economy. Hyundai is aware of the problem and has a new part
being shipped to those who need it. So far with about 550 miles no problems yet. It is truly a joy to drive and is super quiet on the road.

We have people coming up to us and saying that this is such a beautiful car. I couldn't agree more as the Hyundai Sonata
designer team has designed one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. The inside attention to detail and craftsmanship
is as nice as the exterior. I think we got a bargain but thats what Hyundai is all about showing Honda and Toyota that they
can beat them in quality and price. I tried to buy stock in Hyundai back in Jan 2009 but they only traded on the Korean
Stock Exchange. Another one I was trying to buy was Vizio TV but it was a private company so i settled on stock in Apple.

Enjoy the Slide Show

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4339091...06749233/show/

sbr711 05-27-2011 10:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We had them for couple week now..

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/a...1&d=1306553118

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/a...1&d=1306553118

jmartin8310 05-28-2011 04:05 PM

My new Hybrid

I've had a Sonata Hybrid for about a month now. It was the first one the dealership had even seen, and I don't think they have received another one so far. They seem to be in heavy demand and/or short supply around the country.

I'm averaging 38 MPG according to the car's calculations, and that includes some mountain driving.

I got the standard trim package, and I am quite pleased with it. The car is comfortable and quiet and very well finished inside and out. I have had two problems so far--1) the outside temperature either doesn't function at all or it reads 140 degrees, and 2) the BlueTooth no longer recognizes my Verizone phone, as it did initially. Now it only finds the phone about 1 in 25 times. This seems to be a wide-spread problem among Sonatas (not just Hybrids) according to the Forum, and I hope Hyundai is working on it.

The outside temperature sensor is a problem because it seems to affect the way the climate control works in the car. It tries to deliver A/C when heat is being called for. I'll get it back to the dealership (60 miles away) when I get a chance to see what they can do.

fishmouth 06-13-2011 11:49 AM

Sonata Hybrid Premium

I have been waiting on the hybrid for all year. I live in Chicago western suburbs and have not seen any Sonata Hybrid Premium models. I ordered a silver one from dealer on 6/5 and they can not tell when it will arrive - no allotments. The dealer has 3 of the standard models for a few weeks now.

Any one know why the premium model is not shipping?

mjmeredith 06-28-2011 06:06 PM

I have my Sonata Hybrid with Premium package

After waiting over 10 weeks, I now have the Sonata Hybrid with the premium package. I picked it up last night. I test drove the standard hybrid, I am glad that I waited for this one with the premium package. I love the dual sunroof, leather seats. I heard the preimium packages are finally shipping.

Cleveland_Bob 07-02-2011 09:39 PM

Hybrid from Cleveland Area

I purchased a Sonata Hybrid standard model from Rick Case in Bedford OH. After 1000 miles the car remains suberb. My impressions of the car are:
Appearance - the striking lines and sleek contours evoked completments from my friends and family. The car even turned the heads of parking attendants and co-workers in the parking lot.
Ride - The ride is very smooth, yet controlled. The car absorbs road bumps, which are aplenty in Cleveland, yet maintains excellent control and feel in curves and during avoidance maneuvers. Braking is very sure and controlled - the regenerative braking system that recharges the battery does not compromise function. In an emergency braking situation the car braked without pulling to either side and I felt in full control of the car. I had read prior owner comments that earlier Sonatas tended to pull to the left. I have not experienced any tendency for the car to pull to one side during driving or braking. I have driven about 1,000 miles. So far the tires have good gripping and are quiet.
Interior - The interior is very well appointed. The switches are where they should be and they are easily accessable. The car is designed to enable the driver to keep an eye on the road at all times. The standard Bluetooth enables the driver to keep vision on the road while receiving and making calls, The voice interface enables you to utilize the phonebook from your phone to conveniently make calls. The head, leg, hip and shoulder room are excellent. The access for entering and leaving the care are also excellent - this was particularly important for me because with knees that do not bend well, I need a car to have a large entry profile. The motorized driver seat is extremely comfortable and its controls are intuitive.
FueL economy - I am getting 40-42 mpg in city driving and 45+ on the highway. The car will cruise using the electric motor up to about 60 mph, albeit for about a mile or so before engaging the gas engine to run the car and recharge the battery. The instrument display enables one to learn how to drive more economically.

DR Wood 07-05-2011 08:36 AM

Sonata Hybrid

I have a Premium package Hybrid, the Check engine light came on 9 days ago, took it to the dealer and am waiting for a part. I am only getting 19.86 MPG combined. Any ideas?

fishmouth 07-13-2011 01:41 PM

I saw somewhere else on line (maybe this forum) that if your only seeing half the mpg, Hyundai is aware of a part causing this issue that should be replaced at the dealer.

DR Wood 07-14-2011 08:56 AM

Just had a part replaced yesterday, the check engine light came on 2 1/2 weeks ago and it took that long to get the part, then they said that it became a recall on Monday. The invoice quote: "Customer states check engine light on, fixed with recall" "Campaign, perform campaign, TF9 NVLD, replaced NVLD as per campaign" Warranty. What is a TF9 NVLD?

NovaResource 07-14-2011 09:46 AM

TF9 = Service Campaign Number
NVLD = Natural Vacuum Leakage Detection - Pressure Sensor Assembly

The TSB for this is #11-01-022 (click the number to see it)

DR Wood 07-15-2011 08:58 AM

Thanks, printed it out, great information.

fishmouth 07-25-2011 01:45 PM

I finally received my silver sonata hybrid Friday after almost 8 weeks. I wished the rear camera included backup audible sensors too, otherwise car is very nice and worth the wait. I've put 220 miles on it so far but have not been able to average over 31MPG. Priori to the short 60mile highway trip I did it was closer to 21pmg. Not sure why, but the display fuel economy chart continually shows the bar graphs clsoer to 40MPG, but the average is much lower on the drivers cluster panel display. Did anyone else exhibit this scenario? Dealer said thye car needs to break in and wait until 3K miles on it... sounds like BS to me.

heredavid 08-14-2011 04:48 PM

To soon to tell

Originally Posted by fishmouth (Post 38684)
Dealer said thye car needs to break in and wait until 3K miles on it... sounds like BS to me.

While my 1st tank of gas, which was from the dealer, was about 30MPG, my 2nd tank was about 35MPG which is close to what I was getting on my Prius that I traded in for Hyundai's Hybrid. I have to leave and return up a very large hill as well as many during my drives. So either your car needs the updates that Hyundai does on the 1st service or your not driving the same as those of us getting good MPG for this size car. As to "Breaking-in" that was always been my experience for the 1st few tank fulls, however, I think the 3K mark is because they did not want to tell you IF your car was one of those needing the "FIX" or not. Two reasons I know of is Most issues come up in the 1st 3K of driving and they only have to "free" service the car once vs each time you find an issue and/or issue you would not see but they would each time they put the car on the tester. Hope that helps you, as I am VERY impressed with my Hybrid, all the extra items over my old Prius and at about the same price.

Dr. Awkward 08-15-2011 07:43 AM

Bought a Sonata Hybrid on April 29th.
The first fill up the Sonata’s trip computer indicated 42.6 MPG; calculating shows 42.79 MPG. 570 miles w/ about an 1/8th tank remaining.
Drove the hybrid 2100 miles in first 30 days.

One of the best mpg segments was the 47.5mpg for 250 miles coming back from NOVA (Northern Virginia) after vehicle purchase. The next two tanks yielded 39 and 40 mpg with the 39 the car reported being 36.95 via manual calculating while the 40 mpg reading on display ended up being just over 42 in calculation.

Had an oil and filter change at 2,600 and filled up; 40.3 mpg on trip computer. Recently filled up and made the 75 mile drive home from Blacksburg, VA - go Hokies! When we got to the house the Sonata’s display showed 50.5 mpg, a “personal best“. Three adults and constant AC on that leg and a 37.8mpg for the tank full several days later.

Hybrid has 6,500 miles now, we’ve had the two software upgrades for the check engine light staying lit - a fairly common issue during the rollout. Hyundai Sonata hybrid has been the #2 selling hybrid in the US for the past two months behind the venerable Prius. Current mpg is just over 38.

DR Wood 08-15-2011 08:55 AM

Premium Hybrid

I got my Hybrid on June 6th and have had nothing but problems with it. It only gets 25 MPG (up from 19). The gas engine chugs (like pulling a trailer) the dealer had a factory rep drive over from Louisiana to tell me that is standard and they "are working on it" I have had 2 upgrades on the software, a new gas cap but have all the same problems. The car has 1600 miles on it. The car is great, but the hybrid drivetrain was a bad choice, I wish I had gotten the Genesis that I originally set out to buy. Even a 2.0T would get better mileage. This is my 7th hyundai/Kia and by far the worst driving one. I will drive it for a couple of years and then get rid of it.:mad::(:confused:

Dr. Awkward 08-15-2011 08:59 AM

Hyundai claims that the Sonata Hybrid can cruise on all-electric at speeds of up to 62 mph, I have seen electric-only driving at over 65 mph under light acceleration on the flats and downhill.

On the way to the OBX at interstate speeds using cruise you could watch the battery load up past ¾ charge, the EV light would illuminate while the blue arc mpg would peg, followed by the battery charge display retreating. Doesn’t take long.

Battery begins recharging, another cycle begins. All the while the mpg indicator held at nearly 42. Switch to the power flow display going 75 mph like we did and watch the ICE and traction motor interact with the battery.
Really shows the sophistication of these first Hyundai hybrids.
It can be distracting.

And as I found out a few days ago, this happened without the ECM software upgrade which was not done in June as I had been thinking. A new NVLD was installed then but the TSB had not hit yet. They did two software upgrades, popped in another NVLD, inspected the headliner - it passed - in 1:45 minutes.

delraystu 08-18-2011 10:26 PM

I JUST RECEIVED MY HYBRID AUGUST 1st...ENGINE LIGHT JUST WENT ON TONIGHT @ 800 MILES...WILL BE HEADING FOR THE SERVICE DEPT IN THE AM...SO FAR I AM GETTING 27MPG??? I KEEP READING ABOUT "FIX" AND COMPUTER UPGRADES???? NOT TRULY HAPPY SO FAR WITH WHAT I CONSIDER "NOT WORTH" THE EXTRA MONEY

DR Wood 08-19-2011 11:15 AM

Hybrid

If you have the premium package you will not get real good mileage because of the extra weight, you will have a total of 3 software upgrades as of next week in your future, your check engine light is probably your NVLD sensor. hyundai of america is aware of all this and working on it.:)

heredavid 08-21-2011 09:43 PM

When was yours built

Originally Posted by DR Wood (Post 39057)
If you have the premium package you will not get real good mileage because of the extra weight, you will have a total of 3 software upgrades as of next week in your future, your check engine light is probably your NVLD sensor. hyundai of america is aware of all this and working on it.:)

My experience is different than yours. I am getting close to what I got on my Prius, 2nd tank, 34+ MPG. Mine was built April 28, so I am not sure why you think you will not get "real good" for the size and equipment this is far better than most. Would help if you gave facts not generalizations of opinions. Yes I knew about the updates before I purchased. I have been reading researching for the past eight months when I first starting thinking about a new Hybrid. I had 85K on my 2007 Prius, live in a very hilly location and have a lead foot. While there are so many plus on the Hyundai the only one on the Prius is it "rolls" better down hills. I did the math and it would take about 20 yrs before the price of equal Prius to Hyundai would make the Prius a better cost effective one PLUS not the comfort, larger seats, which are heated in back, and the list goes on and on.

I do admit of having worries about Hyundai, just like I did in the 70's about Honda, after reading how Hyundai has been making and improving this kind of Hybrid for years now, overseas, with a track record => Toyota on this matter.

I do hope you get your issues fixed as it is an excellent deal IMHO....

mjmeredith 08-22-2011 09:58 AM

Mileage

Originally Posted by DR Wood (Post 39057)

I have the premium package, I am getting 33-34 MPG having only filled it 3 times, each tank has been about the same. I do not live in a flat area, this is my first hybrid, so I am trying to get used to not having a lead foot. I got the car the early July, it has about 1500 miles on it so far.
I have not had it in for service to see if it needs any of the upgrades?

delraystu 09-01-2011 09:18 PM

2011 Hyundai Hybrid

Well after having the Sensor changed due to the Engine Light coming on @ 800 miles...the car is now ready to be tested...I now have 1050 miles and after it being looked over
@ the dealership...I was told it is working okay..I disagree but told the service manager I will take the car on a long highway trip from Delray Beach Florida to Port St Lucie Florida about 75 miles each way (all highway) and do the real test...Tap of the gas tank before I leave and then tap off the gas tank as soon as I get off the highway @ home...not even going to believe the car economy gauges...Just use the good old fashioned method "DIVIDE THE AMOUNT OF GAS IT CONSUMMED INTO THE TOTAL MILES DRIVEN...Will keep you updated next week... so far to me this type of car "makes no sense "....

NovaResource 09-02-2011 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by delraystu (Post 39251)
...Tap of the gas tank before I leave and then tap off the gas tank as soon as I get off the highway @ home...

The correct term is "top off" the tank, not "tap off". You are adding gas to fill the tank to the top.

geekGirl123 09-26-2011 02:12 PM

simple suggestion to improve MPG

If you get into your car, and it's hotter inside than out, open the sunroof for a few moments; then close it.

Your A/C won't have to work as hard to initially cool the vehicle; giving you better mileage.

-Geek Girl in South Florida

Shipperman 10-05-2011 06:26 PM

still waiting

waiting for premium package hybrid.... no luck in TX. :(

Blainne 11-07-2011 06:17 PM

I've owned a fully loaded Sonata Hybrid for about 4 months now. I've averaged about 36-39 MPG. Its seems to be a hit or miss for the bad hybrids. I'm scheduled to go in for all the TSB's this week.. hoping for even better MPG.

Also, your not going to get ANYWHERE near 32 MPG+ if you don't drive it correctly. Lead footed drivers.. you will be lucky to get 28 MPG. Driving a HYBRID for max fuel economy will take time to learn. Try driving with the Engine and Electric motor screen displayed and practice driving by keeping the car running on ONLY electric motor as much as possible. Once you master this you will know how to driver your hybrid for max MPG. Takes a light foot and a bit of skill.

Goes like this:

1. Slowly accelerate to wanted speed. (Slowly means ur Blue meter stays out of the RED!!)
2. Lightly apply pressure to maintain speed. (Gas motor SHOULD NOT engage unless your going up hill or battery needs recharging)
3. Anticipate braking... let off gas and cruise to stops using only light brake pressure. (Braking is free battery power if you SLOWLY brake EARLY!!!)

1 and 3 may be VERY HARD for some people. (Like my wife) Doing #3 will also save you on brakes in the future.

I've gotten this technique down that I can sometimes drive up to 1 mile in my town with only electric motor. Also the car can go only electric motor up to 75 MPH on the interstate, but it drains the battery extremely fast. It was stated earlier that up to 65 MPH, but that is not the case.

I can manage 40-45 MPG if I drive like a grandma. On the otherside of the spectrum... my 'LEAD FOOTED' wife will hop in my Hybrid and get 26 MPG... she seems to think the gas pedal is an "Off" and "On" switch. :rolleyes:

gcleeton 11-08-2011 07:09 AM

My Tracfones connected immediately

My Tracfones Samsung and LG immediately connected to my new 2012 Sonata
Gil.

Originally Posted by jmartin8310 (Post 37670)
I've had a Sonata Hybrid for about a month now. It was the first one the dealership had even seen, and I don't think they have received another one so far. They seem to be in heavy demand and/or short supply around the country.

I'm averaging 38 MPG according to the car's calculations, and that includes some mountain driving.

I got the standard trim package, and I am quite pleased with it. The car is comfortable and quiet and very well finished inside and out. I have had two problems so far--1) the outside temperature either doesn't function at all or it reads 140 degrees, and 2) the BlueTooth no longer recognizes my Verizone phone, as it did initially. Now it only finds the phone about 1 in 25 times. This seems to be a wide-spread problem among Sonatas (not just Hybrids) according to the Forum, and I hope Hyundai is working on it.

The outside temperature sensor is a problem because it seems to affect the way the climate control works in the car. It tries to deliver A/C when heat is being called for. I'll get it back to the dealership (60 miles away) when I get a chance to see what they can do.

gcleeton 11-08-2011 07:12 AM

Fuccillos have one

Fuccillos on Grand Island NY 14072 have a blue one which looks real nice. I had a great test drive in it, but bought 2012 Sonata SE gasoline.

fishmouth 11-08-2011 12:47 PM

I was only getting 32-34 in suburbds of Chicago. Took in for TSBs (2 software updates), battery cable and coolant resistor. Upgrades went fine and I'm observing ~ 35.5 mpg since the upgrades on ~200Miles so far. I have 4K miles on my premium. I'm a little disappointed ont he heated seats as they do not get too warm. My old BMW740iL and wifes Ford Edge heated seats are much better.

DM1111 02-06-2012 02:26 PM

Hybrid mpg

Wow, I can't believe people here are getting such high mpg on the sonata hybrid. I bought mine in July of 2011 and am getting between 16 and 21mpg. I have had all the recalls done and nothing. I have called them and they say to take it in and the service departments do nothing. So basically I paid thousands more to get a car that gets bad gas mileage and is very weak compared to a gas car. I wish I had bought the Prius.

fishmouth 02-07-2012 01:15 PM

My Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has been in shop three times for recalls, software upgreades to address poor mph. I'm in Chicago and during cold weather I can barely achieve 28 mpg based on computer. If I calculate via calculator it was 24.6. At best case that is 20% below the 35 mpg on sticker for city driving. I'm in the suburbs and drive 18 miles to work each day in less than 30 minutes. I'm very disappointed in mpg and have clearly overload. During warm weather I couldn't get 35 mpg. Hyundai clearly has a problem. May need to start class action like the owner of Civic just won $9700 in civil case against

Blainne 02-07-2012 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by fishmouth (Post 41718)
My Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has been in shop three times for recalls, software upgreades to address poor mph. I'm in Chicago and during cold weather I can barely achieve 28 mpg based on computer. If I calculate via calculator it was 24.6. At best case that is 20% below the 35 mpg on sticker for city driving. I'm in the suburbs and drive 18 miles to work each day in less than 30 minutes. I'm very disappointed in mpg and have clearly overload. During warm weather I couldn't get 35 mpg. Hyundai clearly has a problem. May need to start class action like the owner of Civic just won $9700 in civil case against

They don't do very well until warmed up in cold weather. IF your only going SHORT distances your MPG will suffer bad due to the motor running to warm the car up. My first 9 minutes in the car are the worst in MPG. After the car is warmed I get about 30 MPG after its warmed up (on a good day)... depending on the conditions. All Hybrids get worse MPG in colder climates due to this.

But regardless the cars are NOT getting the advertised 40MPG no matter how you cut it. IF I drive it like a grandma and feather the throttle... I can barely average 30MPG on perfectly flat roads on a good day. For the extra money I spent for the hybrid, its not worth the 1 MPG it may get better than the non Hybrid. I would just be happy if they gave let me trade it in for what I owe for a Elantra or a non hybrid Sonata.

If enough peaple are jumping in for a law suit.. I'm in. They can have their car back.

All my recalls were done as well.

fishnrib 02-07-2012 09:42 PM

Have you got a Lemon?

1 Attachment(s)
61.6 mpg avg after 66 mile downhill drive
I Took my 2011 Sonata Hybrid on a 66 mile drive from S. San Diego to Julian to get some great pie and ice cream today. I finally got a chance to see what this baby could do on a long drive as I drove home. I reset the avg mpg at 4,000 feet and after 22 miles and getting down to 2,000 feet I was still at 99.9 mpg.

Went another 21 miles to about 1,000 feet and it showed 77.8 mpg going 40-55 mph

Another 23 miles at 60-65 mph 61.6 mpg at home 200 feet and 66 miles after reset avg mpg

Attachment 1726

Battery charged to 7/8 on downhill aided by long light braking and got 0-50 to go to 50 very easy by backing off the pedal a touch and holding it steady at 65 mph. I had the 7,500 mile service done for $103 a few weeks ago and tested the avg mpg on a 10 mile flat freeway stretch. The car takes about 10 minutes to warm up the ICE then get up to 60 mph set CC on, reset avg mpg and let the car do it's thing for 10 miles 53.7 mpg. We get 25-28 mpg in town as these cars are designed to excel at 50-65 MPH. If you want better City mpg you should go with Fusion or Camray for this class of car.

You should get your car declared a lemon and get your money back If you can't get over 35 mpg by getting your car warmed up first for 10 minutes and get on a freeway with cc on at 60 mph then reset avg mpg and drive for 10 miles.

9,000 miles on car
Tires at 33#
Hyundai oil

thunderstruck 02-08-2012 10:04 AM

Everybody's mileage suffers in cold weather, not just hybrids. I have a 2.0t and it has been pretty bad in the cold weather. I know it sounds extreme on a new car, but one thing I did when I had my diesels was put a ZeroStart coolant heater on it, which vastly improved cold weather economy. It's a 1000 watt heater that heats up the coolant in the overflow tank, so when you start the car up in the morning it circulates heated coolant up. It still cools off since most of the coolant is at ambient temp, but there's enough residual heat to get it warmed up far faster than it would otherwise.
Given that gas prices are expected to approach $5 per gallon this summer in Chicago, I'm still considering a hybrid.

Blainne 02-08-2012 02:33 PM

Best mileage on the interstate? LoL.. not in my car. Maybe if I putted along at 55 MPH and drafted a Semi truck, but then I'd get run over by the other cars going the speed limit. I get the best mileage around town under 40 MPH by forcing it to use the electric motor more. I can get about 33-35 MPG around town.

I just drove from Knoxville, TN to Fort Knox, KY and back. Average MPG was 31 MPG. Return trip was about the same. I'm sure if I calculated the mileage myself the mileage would be worse than the trip computer shows.

Problem lies with the electric motor.. its WAY underpowered to move a car this weight on its own for long. 40 HP? Where they get it from... my wife's hairdryer? This motor combo would do wonders in the Elantra or the Genesis Coupe.

30 MPG isn't bad, but not even close to 40 MPG. I love the car, and the mileage isn't bad, but for the MPG I'm getting I would of been better off getting a non hybrid. What really bothers me is: I can squeeze 30 MPG out of my 2006 C6 Z06 Corvette on the interstate... and it has 505 HP.

thunderstruck 02-08-2012 11:12 PM

Instead of coasting downhill, next time do the whole round trip w/o resetting the gauge and report the total for the day. Mileage is all over the place with the cars, according to fueleconomy.gov and fuelly. Fuelly is a little harder to decipher since their descriptions are kind of ambiguous. The ones I've seen that are identified as hybrids are good for the most part.
My one and only highway trip so far got me 30.8 on the way down although my bro and I went for a drive to show him what it could do, and I got 36 on the way back, and this is with a 2.0T not a hybrid. May be the hybrid is not the car for me, until they can get better mileage out of it.