Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

How do I reset the vehicle's memory?

Old 01-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Default How do I reset the vehicle's memory?

Hi guys,

I've done a lot of searching over the internet and this site in an effort to find out how to properly reset the memory on my '97 Sonata. It's a manual, Japanese import (I'm in Australia). I've tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, but I'm not sure this has worked. I'm basically trying to wipe error codes from the system to make sure the new sensor I've put in is working correctly (or if it's another problem entirely). But I can't be sure unless I wipe the memory properly.

Can anyone help me out with this?
Cheers,
Mark

Old 02-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Default RE: How do I reset the vehicle's memory?

ORIGINAL: Captain Mark

Hi guys,

I've done a lot of searching over the internet and this site in an effort to find out how to properly reset the memory on my '97 Sonata. It's a manual, Japanese import (I'm in Australia). I've tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, but I'm not sure this has worked. I'm basically trying to wipe error codes from the system to make sure the new sensor I've put in is working correctly (or if it's another problem entirely). But I can't be sure unless I wipe the memory properly.

Can anyone help me out with this?
Cheers,
Mark
you need the computer to plug into the ECU. Then you have to drive ~ 80 miles to ensure it resets properly. this is to ensure that you can't bypass the ECU for an inspection etc.