Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

I get into my 2011 Sonata and

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Default I get into my 2011 Sonata and

All of the windows inside the car, are covered in moisture so bad its dripping water onto my dashboard and I have to use paper towels to wipe all the windows so I can see out to drive. The car had been sitting parked overnight, all of the windows were up (first thing I checked), outside temps had dropped to around 45 degrees overnight. I took the car to the dealer and of course they couldn't find anything wrong, anyone else experience this?

Last edited by rinkleroot; 10-11-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

You have to use the A/C to remove the humidity inside the car. If it's cold outside, turn the dial to hot and turn on the A/C or the windshield defog.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
You have to use the A/C to remove the humidity inside the car. If it's cold outside, turn the dial to hot and turn on the A/C or the windshield defog.
I wasn't asking how to remove it, I was asking if anyone else has encountered this problem. It was so bad it was dripping onto the dashboard, I had to take paper towels over every window and the dashboard. There's also no reason why I should have to run the a/c or defog to clear up the inside glass when its not suppose to do it in the first place.

Last edited by rinkleroot; 10-11-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

It's called humidity and it happens when the temps drop that much.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:14 PM

It's called humidity and it happens when the temps drop that much.
Not on the inside when all of the windows are up.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Yes it does. Especially if you have the vent set to recirculate instead of fresh. When it's very hot and humid during the day the air is full of water. When the temps drop 45 degrees the water condenses on the windows. That's science 101. Make sure you keep the vent set on fresh air and not recirculate.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 PM

Yes it does. Especially if you have the vent set to recirculate instead of fresh. When it's very hot and humid during the day the air is full of water. When the temps drop 45 degrees the water condenses on the windows. That's science 101. Make sure you keep the vent set on fresh air and not recirculate.
Does recirculate operate while the car is shut off?

Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Well, yes and no. The fan isn't blowing but the vents are still closed off. So the air isn't moving but the system is still in recirc mode.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Well I live in the hot humid south and it's getting into the low 50s at night nowadays and some nights into the 40s...been driving since '71 and I never had a vehicle that dripped inside from the windows. I have condensation inside but it never dripped. I wonder if its due to the sharper angle of the windshield on these low profile roof line cars...just thinking out loud here...

Old 11-01-2010, 12:00 PM

I just washed our '11 Sonata SE the other day, only had it about 3 or 4 days at that point and noticed that water got inside the right rear window. I'm going to be keeping an eye on this to see if it's an isolated incident or maybe the weatherstrip seal is bad. Might be your problem too.

Quick Reply: I get into my 2011 Sonata and