Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Sonata (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/)
-   -   Screen turned black — radio still works (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/screen-turned-black-%97-radio-still-works-17933/)

Jessica Marie 09-27-2019 12:31 PM

Screen turned black — radio still works

I have a 2011 Sonata Limited. Yesterday while I was driving the display just shorted out and turned black and hasn’t come on since. My radio still works and I can use all the buttons on my radio, but Bluetooth won’t connect and the review camera won’t come on. I haven’t damaged it/spilled anything on it. I tried pressing the reset button and pulling out the fuse and plugging it back in, but both options have done nothing. I’m really trying to avoid the high dealer costs, so I’m hoping someone has had experience with this in the past and can lead me to a solution I can do myself. Thanks!

hanky 09-28-2019 11:45 AM

Something you might try,

You might lose any programmed features like power seat, mirrors, radio stations etc.
If you or have someone remove the battery negative cable from the battery and then remove the positive cable from the battery and hold the two cable ends together contacting each other for a few minutes then reconnect the positive cable end back to the battery positive post , then reconnect the negative cable end back on to the negative cable post. . Turn on the ignition and see if the screen comes back on If it takes care of the problem, fine. When you start the vehicle allow the vehicle computer to reset the idle speed by not touching the accelerator pedal for a few minutes.Let us know if this took care of the problem.

Dave Taylor 11-11-2020 03:33 PM

Did it fix the issue?

[hi, I have the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed?

QUOTE=Jessica Marie;57008]I have a 2011 Sonata Limited. Yesterday while I was driving the display just shorted out and turned black and hasn’t come on since. My radio still works and I can use all the buttons on my radio, but Bluetooth won’t connect and the review camera won’t come on. I haven’t damaged it/spilled anything on it. I tried pressing the reset button and pulling out the fuse and plugging it back in, but both options have done nothing. I’m really trying to avoid the high dealer costs, so I’m hoping someone has had experience with this in the past and can lead me to a solution I can do myself. Thanks![/QUOTE]

BoinLV 07-06-2021 02:24 PM

Worked well for me!
Many thanks, hanky!

hanky 07-07-2021 07:55 AM

Thank you for the update, always nice to get good news.

jqpicc09 11-28-2021 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jessica Marie (Post 57008)
I have a 2011 Sonata Limited. Yesterday while I was driving the display just shorted out and turned black and hasn’t come on since. My radio still works and I can use all the buttons on my radio, but Bluetooth won’t connect and the review camera won’t come on. I haven’t damaged it/spilled anything on it. I tried pressing the reset button and pulling out the fuse and plugging it back in, but both options have done nothing. I’m really trying to avoid the high dealer costs, so I’m hoping someone has had experience with this in the past and can lead me to a solution I can do myself. Thanks!

Jessica, did you ever figure out how to fix your Sonata? I have a 2011 Sonata with the exact same issue.

jqpicc09 11-29-2021 09:00 AM

Dave Taylor, I also have the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Originally Posted by Dave Taylor (Post 60074)
[hi, I have the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed?

QUOTE=Jessica Marie;57008]I have a 2011 Sonata Limited. Yesterday while I was driving the display just shorted out and turned black and hasn’t come on since. My radio still works and I can use all the buttons on my radio, but Bluetooth won’t connect and the review camera won’t come on. I haven’t damaged it/spilled anything on it. I tried pressing the reset button and pulling out the fuse and plugging it back in, but both options have done nothing. I’m really trying to avoid the high dealer costs, so I’m hoping someone has had experience with this in the past and can lead me to a solution I can do myself. Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

cwest65 02-21-2022 09:58 AM

I have a 2012 sonata same problem this did not fix mine what else could be the cause?

hanky 02-21-2022 05:38 PM

Did you look for a blown fuse?

cwest65 02-21-2022 06:28 PM

Black screen

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 63122)
Did you look for a blown fuse?

If it is the yellow one yes still didn't work