Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Someone hit our Sonata!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Default Someone hit our Sonata!

Gotta vent....

My wife took the 06 Sonata...all of 3.5 months old....to Walmart over the weekend......

When she came out some !$^#@&^* had hit the car and took off......trashed the driver's mirror and left a nice gash in the drivers door and some dents......

This is EXACTLY why I usually park my vehicles caty-corner across tow spots....some people think that's rude....Yeah, well so is hitting someone;s car and driving off...

ANd we know that they know they hit it.....the black part of the mirror is now missing and it was nowhere to be found at the scene.....

We called Walmart to see if they would check the videotapes...they said "it will be days" before they can look.

Nice.

And of course if I report it to insurance our rates go up.

People suck. Bigtime.

Sorry folks....just had to vent.

My wife is really bummed...its her car, really, and she really loves it.....

Old 12-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Default RE: Someone hit our Sonata!

It is terrible. It is too bad that something did not fly at you on a freeway that was sent in motion by other car. It would be bad too, but that is considered non-fault and your ins. rate will not go up & deductable is usually less. Most of the people don't know this info and get screwed by ins. co. People say "I hit something on freeway", in reality something flue at their car. Ins. agents don't ask extra questions, they want you to pay hier deductable and raise your premium. I feel your pain. I had simillar thing happen to me last year.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:44 PM

Well, on the surface , this shouldnt affect our rates.....we would just be stick with the $500 deductible (ouch).....But when you make ANY claim you get put into a "tier" system based on the number of claims (at fault or nont at fault, comp, collision or whatever) and your rates do change due to that.....

Walmart hasnt gotten back to us yet.....I am not holding my breath.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:01 PM

Beat their ***...