Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Sonata Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Default Sonata Problems

Hey guys, i've got a few questions about my sonata and i'm hoping to get some help.
First off, my engine light came on recently. I had the codes read, and they had to do with the Map sensor.
So i replaced the map sensor, disconnected the battery and waited till the computer reset. Once i did, i turned the car on, and the idle was all messed up, it kept going up and down. When it finally stabilized, i took it for a spin. Drove it back home and shut it off. Then i turned it back on, and the engine light popped back on. I read the code again and it said the same thing. Map sensor. So this time, i erased the code. Turned it back on, and the engine light came on. This time i erased the code, reset the computer and tried again. First time i started it, the RPMS went crazy again. Shut it off, turned it back on. Engine light was on..

So now i'm stuck, what could be the issue?
And now lately, my car is starting to feel weird. I'll be sitting at a light, foot on the brake (car fully warmed up to regular temp) and boom, it feels like someone hit me. It's been starting to do that a lot lately. And when it does the RPMS go up and then they go down. And now, its doing it at least once a day. Does anybody have any ideas?

I'm going to try cleaning the throttle body, and the idle control valve. But i need the torque specs for those and can't find them anywhere. If anybody could help with that, it'd be appreciated. Also i'm going to try to replace my Intake manifold gasket, because maybe there is a pressure leak, but i need the torque specs. Any help would be appreciated guys.
It's a 2009 Sonata I4 with 207,000km on it