Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

TSB updates???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Default TSB updates???

Are dealerships suppose to automatically do all technical services bulletin updates to car when they get them or just wait for a car to have a problem? I have another active post (engine rattle) right now and just found out that the dealership does not activly update cars usless there is a problem. Should I insist that they do all updates?

Old 03-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Default RE: TSB updates???

If the TSB is about the problem your having, I sure would. I just had my oil changed
at the dealer, and told him about my drivers seat making a little noise. He said to have a cup of coffee while he checked for the latest TSB to see if anything was new.
Of course it wouldn't make the noise while he was checking, so he told me when it
started again to make an appointment, leave the car and he would give me a loaner for
the day and have it back to me the next day. I keep up with the TSB's that Hyundai
puts out and trust me if one come out about my 2007 Sonata SE I'll let them know.
Good Luck
http://community.webshots.com/user/46metal

Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Work is not performed under a TSB unless the customer complains about the issue or it is a "campaign" TSB (which is just shy of a recall).

Old 03-31-2007, 02:47 AM

ORIGINAL: stingray69

If the TSB is about the problem your having, I sure would. I just had my oil changed
at the dealer, and told him about my drivers seat making a little noise. He said to have a cup of coffee while he checked for the latest TSB to see if anything was new.
Of course it wouldn't make the noise while he was checking, so he told me when it
started again to make an appointment, leave the car and he would give me a loaner for
the day and have it back to me the next day. I keep up with the TSB's that Hyundai
puts out and trust me if one come out about my 2007 Sonata SE I'll let them know.
Good Luck
http://community.webshots.com/user/46metal
I had the seat problem with both the drivers side and the passenger side moving about..fixed only after asking them to check it out..

WheelBroker1