Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Wiring Diagram for 2017 Sonata needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 12:34 AM
Question Wiring Diagram for 2017 Sonata needed

Does anyone know a source to download an engine and Chassis wiring diagram for the 2017 Sonata. This is our third Sonata and we love it. Just rode in a 2019 Camry and found the back seat cramped for leg room! The Sonata has a "leg up", (pun intended), on the camry.

Old 01-11-2023, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ron Sheryl Hoak
Does anyone know a source to download an engine and Chassis wiring diagram for the 2017 Sonata. This is our third Sonata and we love it. Just rode in a 2019 Camry and found the back seat cramped for leg room! The Sonata has a "leg up", (pun intended), on the camry.
I need it too. I need to diagnose electrical issues with the ignition system.

Old 01-12-2023, 03:33 PM

There is a guy on ebay who for only $12.90 supplies the complete repair manual for the following vehicle but I'm not sure what LF means? Does the L mean Limited? I have the
cheapest 2017 Hyundai, the Sonata SE. I don't want to download the wrong manual and waste my $12.90 although I DO agree that the cars are very similar.

HYUNDAI SONATA LF 2015 2016 2017 FACTORY SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36409348968...&segname=11051

And it's only $12.90 if it isn't an exact match. Maybe I should just pay the money and download the manual and start fixing the igntion problem, huh?

Old 01-13-2023, 05:24 PM

What kind of ign problems is your vehicle having?

Old 01-13-2023, 05:30 PM
Default Ignition key problems

Originally Posted by hanky
What kind of ign problems is your vehicle having?
It's hard to get the key out of the ignition.

Old 01-15-2023, 11:18 AM

This is most likely a mechanical problem than an electrical problem. Some careful inspection of the system might reveal the cause.

Old 01-15-2023, 02:55 PM
Default Yea, it could be mechanical, good point

Originally Posted by hanky
This is most likely a mechanical problem than an electrical problem. Some careful inspection of the system might reveal the cause.
I don't know what it was that made me think it was electrical, something did, but I would have to take the car out of commission or leave it some place, neither of which appeals
to me. I guess replacing the actual ignition might solve the problem. Might want to just do that I guess.

But I honestly would like an electrical schematic because a low battery voltage can cause ignition keys to not turn off and it always seems if I rev my engine a number of times that the key
eventually turns to the off position.

If I had an electrical schematic I could take a "backend" approach to solving the problem even if it's mechanical, by first experimenting with the electrical parts of it and possibly seeing just what
relays are involved. Maybe some relay isn't getting some voltage it needs. I really wish I could just get an understanding of the whole ENTIRE ignition systems - how many systems affect it?
I'm not absolutely sure that it's mechanical although I might lean towards that.

When my Autel analyzer told me that there was low voltage near the seat occupancy sensor, I guess I wondered if something is depriving the ignition of battery voltage. The ignition needs battery
voltage or else it locks up. I might want to take my seat out and fix the occupance sensor problem - it's probably a disconnected seat sensor wire or broken wire or connector issue.

I know these are all long-shots, but maybe the car doesn't always sense that it's in park. I just wish I had a diagram from someone who has the schematic. It just doesn's seem like it's the cylinder. Why
else would I have to rotate the steering wheel a lot and eventually get lucky. But I agree it might be the ignition cylinder or something else mechanical, yet I need to proceed roundabout as I don't want
the car completely undriveable, at least it drives.

My interest in electrical stuff is that I would like to disable it all, so I never have to worry about battery voltage.

There is a small bit of info at this link, but no diagrams:
https://roboticsandautomationnews.co...gnition/51172/

Last edited by HyundaiILemming; 01-15-2023 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2023, 05:29 PM

In regard to what you posted, If raising the engine RPM several times lessens the problem, I would suspect there is a poor electrical connection somewhere in the system that is also affecting the key removal process and you are most likely correct suspecting that.

If for instance there is some resistance in a connection, that does prevent full power from getting to where it is supposed to go.
I'm not too sure a diagram will be much help because it doesn't tell where the connections are located ,just that they "Could: be there.

Until you find what you are looking for , why not start with checking all the ground connections you can see. If one that involves the ign key circuit is slightly corroded ,it could contribute to the problem.

Last edited by hanky; 01-15-2023 at 05:50 PM.