2006 Terracan what are the know problems - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Terracan The Terracan offers mid-sized sport utility space in the body of a compact SUV.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:04 AM

Default 2006 Terracan what are the know problems

Hi

I had a 2005 Terracan that had a differential problem and it use to just cut out and go dead had to take it to the dealer twice I also Have a friend that both one too after me and in less than two months it cutout and left him stranded. I have come to learn that this model has had a problem with the Altinator and Differential.

I am waiting on the 2006 model that I have ordered becuase I just Love how the Terracan performs on and off road but I am somewhat scared as I hoping that this is not a problem in the 2006 model as well, Are there any other problems that I might not know about that the Terracan is experiencing.

Steiny
Old 03-09-2006, 03:43 AM

Default RE: 2006 Terracan what are the know problems

after 70K km the engine belt broke in the high way!!!
A lot of damage, had to replace the top engine block, all the belts timing poles pistons and so on.
Nasty business

Old 12-04-2015, 05:17 AM

Default terracan cuts power

my terracan also cuts power and they don't know what it is do you know what they fixed