Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Another Electrical Problem Please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Default Another Electrical Problem Please HELP!

OK i have an 03 tiburon, the other day it started killing the power to the radio and dash lights whenever i would touch my brakes or turn on the turn signals. Also my passenger window hasnt worked for months and just all of a sudden started to work. I looked in the fusebox and could not find anything but under the dash there is a flashing red light, and whenever i seem to have this problem if i kick the dash the radio comes back on. Any Ideas?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned
Default RE: Another Electrical Problem Please HELP!

You need to take your car someplace for a charging system check, and an ODB II scan. I think Autozone does both for free. Don't drive too far, sounds like you're running off the battery.

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-20-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:32 PM

jsinton- have you gotten any leads on this issue yet? my 06 Tibby has been having the same thing going on and I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. I actually noticed a couple weeks ago that the factory installed clock kept resetting itself everytime I started the car. Of course I didn't think anything of it until I finally noticed all the dash lights would blink off as well- mine would happen when pushed the brake to shift into reverse or use the turn signals. So far the only possible causes I have gotten are a bad fuse or relay.. let's hope that all it is!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Banned

Another possiblility is the battery is going bad. Try charging or replacing the battery if it's more than 4 years old.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:14 PM

ok, i think im going to drop by Autozone tomorrow AM for a check. I mentioned it to a mechanic friend of mine and he suggested it may be a problem with a ground or wire connection. Does that sound logical?

The thing that makes the diagnosis so difficult is that its happening very sporadically. It starts and runs just fine, but i was leaving the grocery store today and my power locks wouldnt even work, i had to use the key to open the door and then suddenly the dash lit up!!

Btw, thanks for the extra bit about the battery. Im pretty sure its less than a yr old as I just bought the car 8 months ago and the dealer said they had replaced it... lets hope that was true!!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 AM

And the plot thickens....

Had the battery, alternator, and starter tested today- guess what.. they're all working perfectly!!

oh well, back to the drawing board...

Old 11-30-2008, 11:30 AM

Yeah, I am not sure it is the battery, i have been driving my car like this for 2 weeks or so, and have no problems at all starting the car.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Banned

Ok, well you must have a short someplace. Start taking out the relays and fuses, make sure the connectors are clean, and reseat them.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:47 AM

Hey if you could do me a favor. Tonight i looked under the dash of my car and there was a black box blinking red at me. I pulled it down and there are 2 wires that look like coaxial cables like you use for your cable TV. one of mine was loose, could you see if yours are loose also?

Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 AM

Hey do you know what that black box under the dash is for?

Quick Reply: Another Electrical Problem Please HELP!