Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Tiburon (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-tiburon-23/)
-   -   does it worth it ? (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-tiburon-23/does-worth-816/)

unleashed 01-31-2006 10:37 PM

does it worth it ?

hi every one,

this is my first thread and i hope its not the last ,

I had a honda accord 2002 for 3 years and I'm having some thoughts of buying tiburon coupe 6cyl 2006

I want to ask u is it hot on the road ?

I realy love to to drive fast every where . i'm not interested in drag races or things like that .

I just drive so crasy like Daniel in TAXI the famous french movie

so tell me , will i be satisfied if i buy it?

is there any disadvantages of the car that I should know?

what car do u think would fit my taste ?

poacher 02-01-2006 03:30 PM

RE: does it worth it ?

Well I am a little worried about you. You seem a little nuts. The 6cyl Tib is quick. It is not "oh my god my balls are in the back seat" kinda fast but it will do the trick. The way you described your driving habits however , frighten me a bit.

Fastrtib 02-15-2006 09:00 AM

I had to ponder the I juz like to drive fast all over the place thing too<headshake>.....and yeah the tibby is a fun car to drive even in stock form

viper2x21 02-15-2006 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Fastrtib

I had to ponder the I juz like to drive fast all over the place thing too<headshake>.....and yeah the tibby is a fun car to drive even in stock form

agreed[sm=icon_rock.gif]

squeezibean 02-19-2006 12:38 AM

Well... as a person who sells Hondas and owns a 06 Tiberon... Hondas are great cars, by all means... you really cant compare the Accord to the Tiberon.. See, even the 2dr Accord V6 EX is still a 2 door verison of a 4 door sedan... Though you get some good proformance out of the Accord, its not a traditional sports coupe.. To me, the 2dr Accord is similiar to the Toyota Solara, which essentially is a 2 door Camery... I positively love my Tiberon, and wouldnt trade it for the world... The Accord is not a "balls to the backseat" fast car either.. With its curb weight, the V6 engine is powerful enough to be able to accelerate at a gradual rate, its not going to be a rocket off the line, irregaurdless in either a racing aspect or daily driving.. I feel that the Tiberon is a little underpowered on acceleration myself, but I love how it is quick to shift when you punch it (in the auto form)... Its an awesome highway/high rate of speed vehicle.. I love how it drives smooth.. If you want to make a good group of car comparison to the Tiberon.... Look at the following:
Ford Mustang
Toyota Celica
Acura RSX
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Nissan 350Z
Happy shopping and comparing!

libertyboy17 10-01-2006 05:17 PM

**** yeah to bad it doesnt come in the 6 speed like my 03

jsdragonsoul 10-03-2006 04:30 AM

I feel that Tiburon has alot of potential. Is it fast stock? not really but its fun to drive and it has decent performance. If you get a manual be careful. Hyundai factory clutches arnt up for the abuse and when the clutch goes, you have to replace the flywheel as well. Very expensive. I have a 06 SE 6 speed and I love it. I have a few little mods and already the care begs to be driven. I recomend the car.

YKPAIHA 10-24-2006 01:25 AM

hi, i bought 03 tiburon v6 six speed manual, the car is a beast in my opinion if you kno how to drive and shift, im a good driver ppl say and i guess ill agree, i raced 04 mustang with cold air and full exhaust i only had cold air, i smoked him of the line and we went for ab out 500 feet i beat him by like 2 cars, so i definetly recomend tibby but too bad 06 dont come with 6 speed caz its so much quicker acceleration