Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

does it worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Default does it worth it ?

hi every one,

this is my first thread and i hope its not the last ,

I had a honda accord 2002 for 3 years and I'm having some thoughts of buying tiburon coupe 6cyl 2006

I want to ask u is it hot on the road ?

I realy love to to drive fast every where . i'm not interested in drag races or things like that .

I just drive so crasy like Daniel in TAXI the famous french movie

so tell me , will i be satisfied if i buy it?

is there any disadvantages of the car that I should know?

what car do u think would fit my taste ?

Old 02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: does it worth it ?

Well I am a little worried about you. You seem a little nuts. The 6cyl Tib is quick. It is not "oh my god my ***** are in the back seat" kinda fast but it will do the trick. The way you described your driving habits however , frighten me a bit.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:00 AM

I had to ponder the I juz like to drive fast all over the place thing too<headshake>.....and yeah the tibby is a fun car to drive even in stock form

Old 02-15-2006, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Fastrtib

I had to ponder the I juz like to drive fast all over the place thing too<headshake>.....and yeah the tibby is a fun car to drive even in stock form

agreed[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-19-2006, 12:38 AM

Well... as a person who sells Hondas and owns a 06 Tiberon... Hondas are great cars, by all means... you really cant compare the Accord to the Tiberon.. See, even the 2dr Accord V6 EX is still a 2 door verison of a 4 door sedan... Though you get some good proformance out of the Accord, its not a traditional sports coupe.. To me, the 2dr Accord is similiar to the Toyota Solara, which essentially is a 2 door Camery... I positively love my Tiberon, and wouldnt trade it for the world... The Accord is not a "***** to the backseat" fast car either.. With its curb weight, the V6 engine is powerful enough to be able to accelerate at a gradual rate, its not going to be a rocket off the line, irregaurdless in either a racing aspect or daily driving.. I feel that the Tiberon is a little underpowered on acceleration myself, but I love how it is quick to shift when you punch it (in the auto form)... Its an awesome highway/high rate of speed vehicle.. I love how it drives smooth.. If you want to make a good group of car comparison to the Tiberon.... Look at the following:
Ford Mustang
Toyota Celica
Acura RSX
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Nissan 350Z
Happy shopping and comparing!

Old 10-01-2006, 05:17 PM

**** yeah to bad it doesnt come in the 6 speed like my 03

Old 10-03-2006, 04:30 AM

I feel that Tiburon has alot of potential. Is it fast stock? not really but its fun to drive and it has decent performance. If you get a manual be careful. Hyundai factory clutches arnt up for the abuse and when the clutch goes, you have to replace the flywheel as well. Very expensive. I have a 06 SE 6 speed and I love it. I have a few little mods and already the care begs to be driven. I recomend the car.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:25 AM

hi, i bought 03 tiburon v6 six speed manual, the car is a beast in my opinion if you kno how to drive and shift, im a good driver ppl say and i guess ill agree, i raced 04 mustang with cold air and full exhaust i only had cold air, i smoked him of the line and we went for ab out 500 feet i beat him by like 2 cars, so i definetly recomend tibby but too bad 06 dont come with 6 speed caz its so much quicker acceleration