Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Gen 2 - 2001 Tiburon, Factory Alarm Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 02:31 AM
Default Gen 2 - 2001 Tiburon, Factory Alarm Issue

all, new to the forum and hoping for some additional advise.
I have scoured the internet, called my usual mechanic and also have been redirected to a sort of auto locksmith.

I bought my car from a fella about 3 weeks ago, it is a Gen 2 Hyundai Coupe 2.0l 2001 Model, he only supplied me with 2 keys, no alarm/remote fob. He also never had it whilst the car was in his possession.

Just yesterday I disconnected the battery to install an amp & subwoofer, once I had wired it all up I connected the negative terminal back on the battery and I was met with the surprise of my horn constantly blowing in addition to flashing indicators. I put the key in the ignition, turned it to the on position but it still carried on, along with the red led lit up. There was nothing I could do apart from disconnect the battery, I connected it again and the same thing happened and I resulted in disconnecting the horn to get a bit of silence. I then started searching the internet for answers, most of which mentioned this alarm fob which I clearly do not have.

The car turns over when I twist the key and runs smoothly, the alarm is still permanently on though.

I have called hyundai to get a quote for a new fob, as they couldn't quite find my exact car model they gave me two prices and part numbers.
954402C100 - £310.00 + VAT
954402C505 - £378.00 + VAT
In addition to the workshop fee of £75.00 + VAT

Does anyone know which for is correct for my car? An image perhaps so i know what to look for should I try ordering a second hand one.

Now this is alot of money, my car is quite distinctive and feel if anyone is dumb enough to steal it then they are going to steal it despite an alarm.

What I would like to know is there any way I can disable the alarm or disconnect it entirely, it is a factory fitted alarm.
Advice and alternative suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks,
Nayth

Old 07-13-2019, 07:29 AM

What if you disconnected your add on from the vehicle ? Sometimes we get into areas where we should not.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
What if you disconnected your add on from the vehicle ? Sometimes we get into areas where we should not.
"add on"? do you mean alarm?
I was starting to think that, trouble is I went requesting help through FB Marketplace from someone who has connected an amp before, I lacked the tools for getting the glove box off which seemed to be the best way through the firewall so it was not myself who was tinkering.
Is it possible something behind there has been knocked?

Old 07-13-2019, 08:00 AM

At this point anything i possible.
What I was suggesting was could you have gone someplace connecting stuff , where maybe not the best place.

If I suspected that was the case , I would disconnect what I had installed and see if that got rid of the problem.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:46 PM

I got a 2000 tiburon with a key fob. I know that key fobs work through a cell phone. I can help you. I sam in America, Oregon. Where are you?

Old 08-22-2019, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by 427troy
I got a 2000 tiburon with a key fob. I know that key fobs work through a cell phone. I can help you. I sam in America, Oregon. Where are you?
I am UK based, work through a cell phone you say?
Please tell me more?

Old 08-23-2019, 12:19 PM
Default alarm, key fob, cell fone

Originally Posted by Nayth
I am UK based, work through a cell phone you say?
Please tell me more?
Yea, It's crazy. I was skeptical when I heard it, so I tried it myself. Take a key fob and car that you know works. Then get a friend, let the friend go far far away with the fob. Have him call you on your cell fone. Hold your cell fone out in front of you, pointing it at the car. He pushes the button on the fob, and your car will lock and unlock just like you were pushing the button .

Try it,

This is my car. I had just done 136 mph in it, the fastest I have ever gone in any car.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:16 PM

Yea, It's crazy. I was skeptical when I heard it, so I tried it myself. Take a key fob and car that you know works. Then get a friend, let the friend go far far away with the fob. Have him call you on your cell fone. Hold your cell fone out in front of you, pointing it at the car. He pushes the button on the fob, and your car will lock and unlock just like you were pushing the button .

Try it,

This is my car. I had just done 136 mph in it, the fastest I have ever gone in any car.
Did you try it?

Old 10-04-2019, 11:41 AM

From where you have got those key fobs from a locksmith or from the dealer?

Old 03-06-2020, 06:53 AM

For factory alarm issue you try contacting dealer and locksmith can't do anything with that system at all.

Quick Reply: Gen 2 - 2001 Tiburon, Factory Alarm Issue