Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Default Hi

I am thinking about buying a 2007 Tiburon and have been hearing that the car is way under powered and that it has bad handling and cannot make quick turns. So basically I am just asking yall wether this is true and if it is some quick ways to pep up the car. Thanks

Old 09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Default RE: Hi

go test drive one, that is really the only way to get a solid opinion. but if you do, go with the manual.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

The 2007 is virtually identical to the 2003-06 Tibs with the exception of a cosmetic facelift and a nicer interior. The drive the same. The Tib is only underpowered if you but a 4-cylinder. The V6 has plenty of power, just don't expect to beat V8 Mustangs and Camaros with it. It is equal in performance to most of it's competition. Like RD said, drive it and find out for yourself. I love my '04 GT.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 PM

Purchased an '07Quicksilver GT Limited a few days ago. This I can tell you as fact--Hyundai got the exterior right. It is a good looking car. The interior as well--the red leather compliments the Quicksilver. Here's where they need to go back to the drawing board--for a V6 in today's market, the car is way under powered at 172hp.Acceleration is slow to engage. 0-60 is a dismal 7. -something seconds. Without the sport suspension, this is not a car I'd take up to very high speeds as the front end can get bouncy. But it does perform better at higher rpms. The car also oversteers and could use lots more torque. It does not have a traction/acceleration slip control feature (the SE modeldoes). I have the Shiftronic feature and although the car responds a tad better, it's not what it could and should be. The stock brakes are undersized and a bit soft.
Sorry, but the Tib is not equal to cars in its class--unless you count 4-bangers such as: ChryslerSebring sedan w/173hp@6300rpm,the Scion TC Sport Coupe w/161hp@6000rpm,the Chevy Cobalt SS w/173hp@6300rpmor Honda's Civic si 6sp. coupe is putting out 197hp@7800rpms.
4-banger competition is not who you want to be in a class withwhen compared to V6 competition such as: the Mitsubishi Eclipse w/263hp@5750rpmor the base Ford Mustang V6 coupe w/210hp@5300rpms.
Now depending a mod or two, or when youhit the rev limiter, you might hang with some for a while in the V6 class, but no, you're not gonna blow their doors off.
Look, it's a good looking, solidly built car and Hyundai is retooling the Tib package for '09/'10. Buy it if you want and enjoy it.
It's end of year closeout time and you can't beat the deals out there. It's why I bought the one I have--the dealership practically gave it to me--from $24+thousand to $19 and change.Supplies are limited pretty much to what's on the lots cause there's no '08 model.