Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Im new but should i do this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Default Im new but should i do this?

I have always wanted a tiburon and i have a particular love to 1st gen. i have found a tiburon with over 100k miles and it was in an accident and the driver side fender is completely gone and some other minor damage but the seller only wants $500. i will list a few pics. do you think i should to it? it seems like a great opportunity to finally get a tiburon and just build it up

Attached Thumbnails Im new but should i do this?-tib9.jpg   Im new but should i do this?-tib1.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:57 PM

it all depends on things like your skills with tools and cars, as well as your budget. you can't drive it that way, legaly, but does it run?? any noises that would be red flags??

if you are a diy'er, then heck, go for it. throw a fender on it and have a blast. if you are a serious diy'er, and already have a regular vehicle and this can be a project car, then by all means, indulge.

just make sure that you have factored in things like repairs that come with a 100k+ vehicle.

if you are planning on paying someone to do the work, i would say save your money and buy one done from a reputable source.

just my opinion.

df

Old 03-13-2010, 04:58 PM

OG tib
df is right, I purchase a 03 tib gt. The car looked great but with in a week I replaced; clutch with flywheel (valeo kit converstion), KPS, cruise control actuator cable, windsheld, right rear speaker, all tires, brakes to include all disks, nautral position switch, radio.so and the tib only had 66K so you need to choose wisely.

P.S. I did most of the work and I was prepare for it