Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Default performance

Ok I have a 2003 hyundai tiburon the gt v6 model its all stock but a aftermarket hood and ive been thinking about rasing the ponys in it! I raced a srt-4 neon lastnight and beat it off the line and about mid way but then it came back and took me.....I was wondering if there is anything i could buy that would make my tibby a little faster! but im trying to stay away from turbo!
[align=center] [/align]

Old 11-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Default RE: performance

the basic first mods are exhaust, headers, and air intake...that will give u a little more hp. but dont expect to take an srt-4 unless you go turbo

Old 11-26-2007, 07:53 AM

They have a lot out there for the 03+ tibbys. from the typical exhaust and intake, to intake manifolds and s/c kits. the sniper s/c seem to be popular. check out seoulfulracing.com or kspec.com, its pricing but they know what they are doing. but i know i've seen some nice s/c kits and intake manifolds on ebay, but be careful who you buy from, i've never had a problem but i've heard of a lot of people that have had problems.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:23 AM

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/APLHT27S0002.htm

http://www.ngmhouseofpower.com/

heres a couple site with s/c and other performance upgrades, hope it helps.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 AM

The only reason I bring this up is there is alot of civic in my town with b16 and I can race them all day and smoke them but theres this one here that has every bolt on such as header, cold air intake, intake mainifold, full exhaust, thorottle body and spacer, and some after market fuel up grades and thats in a 95 coupe it it stays with the srt4 very well!

Old 12-07-2007, 06:18 PM

I don't much about the neon's, because I don't like them, but I find it strange that you couldn't take it. I raced one (not with turbo) with my 98 Tib, which is a 4cyl, and he didn't even come close to me. Mine has all aftermarket exhaust, headers, CAI, I don't know how much more HP I have out of it, but it's still only a 4cyl, I wouldn't think you would have hard time with a V6. Especially since the SRT-4 is fasteroff the start, andthen gets ****tier. Iwould start with exhaust, air intake, headers, etc.
Later
Stacey

Old 12-07-2007, 10:52 PM

he was tlking about racing the srt-4 not neon...which is a major difference, about 100 hp. Also ive driven the srt-4 and if anything they get better thru higher gears, not ****tier lol, and it is still a four cyclinder but with turbo. CAI, exhaust, and headers can add about 15-25 hp if your lucky, also, i recomend to reset the ECU after any mods.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:33 PM

As far as the pick up goes... with the srt-4's, I'm just going on what I have read about them. I guess there is a big difference in the HP between the neon and the srt-4, but look at it, other then the cheap,low qualityturbo, it's still a neon!! lol Sorry to all those neon...sorry, srt-4 lovers out there.lol When you were saying about resetting the ECU after those mods, just out of curiousity, why should you do that? And do have have to use the scanner to do so?
Thanx, later

Old 12-08-2007, 06:01 PM

i love srt-4's no matter what! lol...but the ECU is the chip which holds all the info for the fuel ratios and limitson theengines...so right now it is factory set for all types of ppl..old ppl, young ppl etc...but u can reset it so it has no info and start it all over again so that means if u have put an exhaust, intake or even better gas, the settings are different then the factory so the fuel ratios and limits will change according to how u drive

Old 12-08-2007, 06:48 PM

Thanx for the info. One more question, how do you get that done, with a scanner, and then do it manually??

Later, thanx again

Quick Reply: performance