Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Problems with ECU

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 04:59 AM
Default Problems with ECU

I currently own an 03, 2.0 tiburon manual tranny. I love my tib! I am I having the hardest time trying to get my emissions tesing ready. Originally my catalyst and fuel systems were popping up not ready on my OBD scanner, and come to find out my thermostat was stuck open. So I replaced my thermostat, and it worked fine, until I got a code on my OBD scanner and my check engine light came on. The code was a for a slow 02 sensor, which makes sense because I replaced it last month after I got a check engine light, the ECU just didn't recognize it. Anyway, I erased the code, but now, my evap, catalyst, and oxygen systems won't read ready. I have put two-hundred miles on the car most of it freeway driving, and gone through several cool-down and warm up cycles, they still won't read ready. I have been driving the past month on expired tags and i am getting so frustrated I want to take the tire iron out of my trunk and beat the crap out of my car. Please help! This is making my life hell right now. It is wasting time, money and sanity!