Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Tiburon needs some work any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Default Tiburon needs some work any suggestions

My tiburon was rear ended about 3 months after I got it. The front/rear bumper was replaced as well as the front hood. It's been a while since this work was done and the front bumper doesn't seem to fit seamlessly anymore. The seam where the bumper meets the side panel shows a little space and looks wrong to me. That is one issue I have. Also the headlights are very foggy. The plastic looks to have the usual where you could expect with a 2004 tiburon. Any suggestions on reliable reasonably priced headlight assemblies would be great. The reab bumper was rear ended in my parking lot and has a dent in it which is close to the licence plate. So the light that shines down on the licence plate as been forced out of it's normal slot. I believe something is broken there. Should I take that to a dealer.? I hate dealers! Should I get a new bumper? I think they run 300-400?? Not sure how to fix that. The paint around the side mirrors is starting to come off. The top layer destroyed by the Florida sun. The tail fin is completely in need or repainting as the sun has also done its dirty work. I'm the second owner of the car and the previous owner did not do a real good job with keeping it waxed and it has obviously been in the sun for most of it's life. So Should I look into getting it painted? I am looking at replacing this car in a few years most likely with the Genesis Coupe V4 Turbo (as long as it pans out to be a solid car) so I'm not sure how much work i want to have done on it but it rly could use some small repairs. As far as the engine it seems to run well. I've put in Mobil 1's best synthetic and it reallly makes the engine run smoother. I've maintained the engine very well and the car runs really nice. I would like to upgrade the transmission fluid to something better than Hyundai's recommended fluid. Any suggestions there would be nice as well. The gas cap had faded like most tiburons but I did have this repainted and it looks fine right now. Does anyone know if Hyundai will adress an obvious pain issue that the tiburon had? I'm a bit concerned about purchases the Genesis Coupe if we are going to see some of these Similar paint issues?

Thanks long post I know

~julian
2004 Tiburon GT

Old 02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by juliankish
I'm the second owner of the car and the previous owner did not do a real good job with keeping it waxed and it has obviously been in the sun for most of it's life. So Should I look into getting it painted?
I think the problems you are having are more from lack of care by the previous owner.

Originally Posted by juliankish
I am looking at replacing this car in a few years most likely with the Genesis Coupe V4 Turbo
While you could paint it if you are going to replace it soon I'd save the money.

BTW, there is no V4. The Genesis has an turbocharged inline 4 cylinder engine (I4), not a V4.