Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

tiburon tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Default tiburon tires

we have a 2007 tiburon-our doughte also has a 2007-she has rotated the tires and had the oul changed at the dealer-she noticed it started making noise-took it to the dealer-they said it was the bearings-it also needed an alignment,and they told me her tires were just about gone-since she only has 23000 miles-should it need new tires-did the bad bearings have anything to mdo with tire wear-and shoul the dealer help her with new tires since she rotated and kept the proper pressure in them? the bearings were covered-but how many miles can we expect from a new car from the tires-it isn't a race car-its just the 4 cylinder standard version-thank youjfjazz7@yahoo.com

Old 08-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: tiburon tires

Rear bearings on 2003-up Tiburonsare somewhat common and can go early but they should be covered under the warranty. Mine were fine but I have heard of others with that problem.

Did the bearings cause the tires to wear out? Maybe, maybe not. The original tires on my 2004 Tiburon were down to the wear bars around 28K miles so tires being worn out by 23K isn't that unusual. The bearings may have sped that up slightly but I doubt you'll get Hyundai to cover the tires.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:00 AM

either cheap tires or your daughter is driving it harder then she is telling you. i've bought some pretty cheap tires, drive hard and still get atleast 35K out of them,as for bearings,,,all tiburon wheel bearings have a tendancey to go bad,,,i have the 01 and both rears and fronts had to be replaced,,but they never had adverse effects on my tires,,,just very anoying.. it also could be that she threw a weight on one of the tires,,,if its a wobble sound its a throw wieght,,if its a loud hum,,then its the bearings.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:05 PM

I have an '08 SE v6 6spd and I drive the hell out of it. I wore out the original tires in the first 20,000 miles.

Bought new GoodYear Eagle F1's last year with new Enke rims, and it's been like driving a new car. Have had them on now for 9 months and seeing no noticeable wear.

It's all in the tires.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:47 AM

I have an '06 with a 4 banger and within the first year I had it (bought it brand new with only 48miles on it) I had to replace two of the tires. The first one the side wall was splitting and the second I didn't catch it soonenough and the side wall blew out on me while I was driving down the road. I took it to the dealer both times and they told me it wasn't covered under waranty because it was "road hazard wear and tear" or something along those lines so I had to fork out the money to replace them both those times. Then this past year I had to replace the other two, one was because it got a knot on the side and the other was because I ran over something in the road. I don't drive the hell outta my car and it just now has 40k miles on it, my personal opinion the tires were very poor quality.