Hyundai Trajet This is Hyundai's reply to the popular American mini-van market.

Stereo MP3-03 removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Default Stereo MP3-03 removal

Hi guys,
I have a 2007 Trajet, with the stock MP3-03 stereo in it. I'm keen to replace but can't see how to get it out. I've taken the plastic "ring" around the outside of the face, and can see the metal bracket. From what I can tell it should come out without having to remove any of the dashboard, as the main plastic of the face of the stereo is overlapping the dash.
I am guessing it involves sticking something inbetween the stereo and the bracket, but I'm not sure. Any tips? Thanks.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 AM

After a bit more googling, I found this thread: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t27911...etz-stereo.htm which led to the genius idea of sticking knives down the side of the thing. Got it out Basically there are 2 clips on either side (one towards the top and one towards the bottom). So I needed to stick two knives down each side to get it out.

Not sure how I'm going to get the cage out, though, to put the new one in. Could be a whole nother kettle of fish.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:13 PM

Well.
So I thought I would cut corners by taking the mounting clips off the hyundai stereo and screwing them onto my new one. But the plastic facia on the new one doesn't like the clips on the old one, so it kind of bends...
It looks like to get the cage out I need to take the front dash off. If anyone has any ideas how to do this without bending my car, that would be greatly appreciated.
Also the colours of the wires on the hyundai stereo are different from the wires on the new one. I'll be using the wiring diagram that is, thankfully, printed on the stereo, but I read in another forum that these are incorrect. Has anyone else had experience with this?
Cheers.