Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

2016 Tucson SE Driver Window

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Default 2016 Tucson SE Driver Window

Hi all. My 2016 Tucson SE has a Strange issue. With the Drivers door window. I have the window fully down. Go to use the Express Close feature. Window almost fully closes. The Opens on its own. Stops about 1 1/2" Above the top of the door. Sometimes I start the truck, And it runs itself up and down. Its an intermittent issue. Havent gotten to the dealer to complain. I Suspect it could be Limit Switches on the regulator.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:05 PM

It was acting fine up until this morning. Rained last night. Had my window partly open. Went to close, Opened itself . 3 times. Stopped about 1 1/2" from the bottom. After work, Express Close feature doesn't work now. Taking to dealer on mon. Possibly a Switch?

Old 11-13-2020, 08:52 PM
Default Window regulator problems in all four windows. Horrible cheaply made regulators

ALL FOUR Windows in my 2016 Tucson do not work this cheaply made window regulator has broken in all of my windows have been affected. After opening the door panel I saw why this is occurring the plastic piece that’s supposed to turn the cable the lifts the glass windows up and down is made of cheap plastic that breaks down and strips over time of supporting a heavy window system if this piece jade been made of a stronger material this would not be occurring. And as of now Hyundai is not acknowledging this defected part.

Old 11-14-2020, 03:46 PM

Something you might want to look into.
If this is a current problem, sometimes an aftermarket company will manufacture a replacement for that poorly designed part and when installed prevents recurrence.
One way you might be able to find out is to check with some auto window glass replacement shops, and they might have come across a new part to get rid of the problem.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:56 PM
Default 2016 Tuscon same driver window issue

My driver side window is also not working anymore. I'm glad it was rolled up when it stopped. Need to take it into dealership.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:09 PM

A good part of the time the switch can be the problem. Can you let us know what the shop found and corrected the problem. thanks?

Old 09-07-2021, 07:34 AM
Default Window and door failure - 2016 Tucson

Originally Posted by Gina Hayes
My driver side window is also not working anymore. I'm glad it was rolled up when it stopped. Need to take it into dealership.
I took mine to dealer yesterday because rear lift gate doesn’t work, back passenger door won’t open, and two windows won’t work. They gave me a quote for $3000 to fix and my car isn’t even paid for and those doors and windows are barely used. It’s obvious that they use cheap materials! I told them they lost their minds if they think I’m gonna pay for that. We pay way too much for these cars to get garbage! They’re gonna see what they can do for me, per the service manager, after I threw a fit.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:36 AM
Default 2016 Tucson SE Driver Window

Originally Posted by Kathy Dejessus
ALL FOUR Windows in my 2016 Tucson do not work this cheaply made window regulator has broken in all of my windows have been affected. After opening the door panel I saw why this is occurring the plastic piece that’s supposed to turn the cable the lifts the glass windows up and down is made of cheap plastic that breaks down and strips over time of supporting a heavy window system if this piece jade been made of a stronger material this would not be occurring. And as of now Hyundai is not acknowledging this defected part.
My 2016 Tucson has the same issue. Drivers window gear stripped at 61K miles now all 4 window regulator cable pulleys have striped and none of my windows stay up. The material the pulleys are made from are definitely not the correct material or a poor manufacturer design incapable of the load put on them. I am having the pulley material evaluated and will challenge Hyundai to replace them. I also had catastrophic engine failure on this car at 62K miles. (Hyundai replaced the entire engine at no charge)
I will never purchase a Hyundai vehicle again and I do not know how they are receiving such good ratings from JD Powers.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:38 AM

My 2016 Tucson has the same issue. Drivers window gear stripped at 61K miles now all 4 window regulator cable pulleys have striped and none of my windows stay up. The material the pulleys are made from are definitely not the correct material or a poor manufacturer design incapable of the load put on them. I am having the pulley material evaluated and will challenge Hyundai to replace them. I also had catastrophic engine failure on this car at 62K miles. (Hyundai replaced the entire engine at no charge)
I will never purchase a Hyundai vehicle again and I do not know how they are receiving such good ratings from JD Powers.

Old 12-12-2021, 08:41 AM
Default Windows and doors

I now have one fully functional window/door. It’s ridiculous that you pay $30k+ for a car and have structural issues like this. As a last resort I wrote Hyundai corporate a letter. I literally have to crawl through the back door to open my lift gate from the inside. I’m beyond frustrated and will never again purchase a Hyundai.

Originally Posted by fsboatk@gmail.com

Quick Reply: 2016 Tucson SE Driver Window