Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Best way to bring coax into passenger compartment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Default Best way to bring coax into passenger compartment?

I am looking to mount an NMO antenna on either the driver's or passenger's front fender of my 2009 Tucson. I will be using a fender-mounted L bracket. the coax will come into the crease between the fender and hood and into the engine compartment. From there, I need to run the coax with BNC connector into the passenger compartment to a radio.

I am attaching a photo from another forum where someone ran a power cable for an amp from the engine compartment, into the wheel well and then into the passenger compartment. I want to do something similar with the antenna coax. (See his thread here: TucsonDrivers.com Hyundai Tucson Forum & Community • View topic - Routing the cable´s...or how to spend a saturday afternoon..)

I would prefer to keep the antenna coax aware from any major electrical to help alleviate the possibility of RF interference through the coax. Looking at the photo I have attached, do the same grommets exist on the PASSENGER (US) side of a 2009 Tucson. I am referring to the grommet that the author used as well as the ones outlined in the yellow and blue boxes. I would imagine that there would be less electrical on the passenger side since the fuse panel is on the driver's side?

As as last resort, I would feed the coax behind the very top of the fender (near the hood hinge), into the door jamb and in through the grommet in the door jamb (outlined in yellow). Any thoughts?

Dave

Attached Thumbnails Best way to bring coax into passenger compartment?-tucson-wheelwell.jpg