Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Compass mirror

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Default Compass mirror

We just got a new 2012 Tucson Limited. Was able to program the garage door opener but the compass doesn't seem to show in the mirror. I didn't see anything in the literature which speaks to that subject. I do have the compass in the Nav system but I want the direction to be shown in the mirror. Is there a secret to getting it to work? Thanks for any help.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

I don't believe the 2012 Tucson has a compass in the rearview mirror. It's only in the Nav system.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
I don't believe the 2012 Tucson has a compass in the rearview mirror. It's only in the Nav system.
Thanks for the info.

That is a bummer. If the map is not shown and instead the information on the sound system there is effectively no compass which seems like a step backwards. I did take it to a local dealer and he said the same thing. It's not the end of the world but it is hugely disappointing. And we are not supposed to be looking at the nav system while driving anyway. I wonder whose brilliant idea that was. I guess I need one of those stick-on compasses to put on the dash.

Thanks again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've reread your reply and would like some clarification. You say the Tucson does not have the compass in the rearview
mirror; only in the Nav system.

It is true that there is a compass in the Nav system but it is also true that without the Nav system there is a compass
in the mirror for sure. Did you mean to say that there is not a compass in the rearview mirror on Tucsons equipped with
a nav system? I'm somewhat confused here.

Last edited by rmissourimule; 03-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.