Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

HYUNDAI IX35 2011 model Jerking when changing gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 02:00 AM
Default HYUNDAI IX35 2011 model Jerking when changing gear

Good day all,
Please can someone help me? My 2011 Hyundai ix35 is jerking seriously when on motion and gear is changing automatically. Jerking happen both when accelerating and decelerating. Even when I and changing from Pack to reverse to neutral to drive and vice versa. I did a scan but no indication of fault, even the dash board has no indicator light active. can someone please help.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:41 AM

Hey Josco,

I'm having the exact same problem with my 2012 ix35 Elite! Did you find a solution?

For me, it started about two months ago. At first, it would last a few hours then go. But two weeks ago, it was constant for about a week. I also got nothing when the mechanic scanned for codes.

I recently got the transmission serviced (fluid replaced etc) and it worked for about four days, but the intermittent jerking has returned.

Several forums suggested replacing the transmission fluid temperature sensor, but my mechanic, while in the process of buying one for me, said one dealer told him it doesn't exist. Not sure if the dealer is just stupid (extremely common in my area), or if it's actually true.

I've spoken with someone else who had the same problem with their ix35 and they had the inhibitor switch replaced. They said the jerky change from Park to Drive etc was gone but the gears were still a little bit rough.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:24 PM
Default It happened to me with my Tucson, I changed the fuel filter and it's gone..no more je

Originally Posted by Josco
Good day all,
Please can someone help me? My 2011 Hyundai ix35 is jerking seriously when on motion and gear is changing automatically. Jerking happen both when accelerating and decelerating. Even when I and changing from Pack to reverse to neutral to drive and vice versa. I did a scan but no indication of fault, even the dash board has no indicator light active. can someone please help.
happened