Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

I "NEED YOUR FEEDBACK" Pleaseeee......

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Default I "NEED YOUR FEEDBACK" Pleaseeee......

Hello,
I'm am new here.
My name is Luuezz.I have been searching for Tucsan forums to get educated to hear from the actual owners of these SUV's first hand, I have done all my research and test driving. The salesman I find will tell you all the tech about a car however a owner will tell you the pros and cons....I NEED YOUR PROS AND CONS PLEASE. THANK YOU.
I am hopefully 2 days away from buying a tucsan but I still have uncertainly pending....This is where I need your help...I'm either going to get a 4 cyl automatic all wheel driveOR a 6 cyl automatic all wheel drive.
I USE TONS OF MILES IN A WEEK, sometimes 300-450 miles in a week from my commute to work to picking up my grandson whom lives 35 miles one way from myself. The miles add up quickly....too quickly for me. And the cost of gas is rising again now ar 2.69 a gallon. ouch to me!

I know that the gas tanks are different sizes. I presently have a new bettle which has a 14 gallon tank and gets 300 miles to a tank.
Now I want to know how many miles does a 4 cyl get to a tank of gas....???? Real miles......

And how many real miles does a 6 cyl get to a tank of gas.....? This is my critical decision and I want to make the right one, I plan on owning this for 10 yrs with a extended warranty.
Won't you please add your miles to a tank of gas for me on here. I do realize that the way one drives plays a factor however I need to see results first and since I can't take the suv home to run a tank of gas to see for myself, I need your help...
Thank you...Sincerely, Luuezz
[/align]

Old 03-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Default RE: I "NEED YOUR FEEDBACK" Pleaseeee......

Here is the scoop at least on my tucson. I have a 2007 tucson 4x4 6 cly. First I love it.... Perfect for snow and ICE. I had a Subaru Outback 4x4 before this and the Tucson is much better. BUT.... it will get about 17 mpg. I am 60 years old and every car/truck I ever bought I was right on or above estimated mileage. I work from home so this is not big deal but I feel like a pox on the environment. I checked with Hyundai service and they said this was normal and wait until I get to 5-9 K miles. So if your concerns are economy this may be a bad choice. Show this to your sales rep

Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 AM

LOL you will fill the Tucson twice a week. The 17 gallon will get you 250 miles before the wife starts freaking out the warning light is on. But hell, I didn't buy it for her....

Old 03-28-2007, 09:14 PM

Thank you John for your honest answer, this makes me now want to stay away from the 6 cyl. [sm=badidea.gif] God I'd go broke feeding the tank! And at them miles, I go buy my real love a full size pickup, but that is what I sold when prices of fuel started to climb, I couldn't afford 15 -17 miles per gallon.
I like the warranty that Hyundai has that is why in the first place i'm going with them!
Why did they say wait until 5 - 9 K miles, what is it going to do at the time? Did they tell you....
Anyone have a 4 cyl.... automatic....?
Luuezz

Old 03-28-2007, 10:56 PM

Hi John,
I just got off the phone with my sales rep, lol, I just read him what you said, he didn't have much to say and i told him I will be in to test drive a 4cyl automatic tommorrow, the MPH is better at 22-27mph, so it would be nice to hear from anyone with a 4 cyl.....Luuezz

Old 05-20-2007, 09:16 PM

Hmmm - My '06 6cyl 4x4 is getting about 23 mpg....

-Beth

Old 10-26-2008, 01:16 PM

Luueez,i know its been awhile but im curious what u bought?my four cylinder with auto averages 20 mpg,but i drive in the city and can go around 300 or so miles b4 filling up,i dont worry so much about it since i can almost drive a month on one tank of gas.and what kind of mpg u ended up getting?