Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Panic Alarm goes off when I lock the car. 2007 Hyundai Tucson.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Default Panic Alarm goes off when I lock the car. 2007 Hyundai Tucson.

I have a 2007 Hyundai Tucson. When I lock the car, my panic alarm goes off. It does not happen right away, but even if it waits an hour, it will eventually go off. I have used the FOB to lock the car, I have locked it from the inside using the automatic locks, and I have even used the key inserted into the door to unlock and then lock the doors. Nothing I have tried prevents the panic alarm from going off. I have replaced the battery in the FOBs, tried using my spare key, and even replaced the car battery. At this point I do not lock my car, and I am willing to try ANYTHING!!! Any help you can provide would be great. Thank You.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

One of the door/hood/tailgate sensors are bad or misaligned. Check the hood first as that's usually the problem. Make sure the hood and all doors are closed all the way.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:39 PM

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely look at the sensors. What do the sensors look like? Do you know where they would be located? Is there a way to test the sensors, or should I just replace them?

Old 04-14-2012, 12:57 PM

It could possibly be a faulty door latch. The electronics inside the switch can go bad and cause the alarm to go off at "inappropriate" times.

Attached Thumbnails Panic Alarm goes off when I lock the car.  2007 Hyundai Tucson.-2009-04-03_211156_hood.jpg  

Last edited by elkarshofy; 04-14-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Default 2007 Tucson limited

Having the same problem, thought it was the shoddy remote start I inherited from the previous owner, but now that I have disabled that I see it's not that easy. Has anyone else been successful at troubleshooting this?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Default Panic Alarm Problem Solved

The problem has been solved. There was a recall on my ESC switch. I took the car in to get the switch replaced and I have no had a problem with the alarm since. It also fixed SEVERAL other electrical problems that I was having with my tucson. I suggest getting the ESC switch replaced if your VIN is part of the recall.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

ESC switch? The one in the dash that turn the ESC on and off? I don't know about that recall. Do you mean the brake light switch?

Old 08-31-2012, 05:37 PM

Well, no recall for my car according to Hyundai. But they alluded to the hood switch that I already had on order. So that makes me feel a little better. I might have had it fixed on my own, yeah! (Yes, I am easily entertained)

Old 09-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Default Panic alarm going off

I just bought a per owned tuscon 2012, the dealer made me a new set of keys.
I drove it home yesterday. This morning when I tried to open ,the alarm went off and wouldn't stop.. Now I can't even start the car, help! anyone know what I should do?

Old 09-22-2014, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Do you have the remote fobs for the car or just keys? If the alarm is set, you have to disarm it with the remote fob, not the key in the door.

Quick Reply: Panic Alarm goes off when I lock the car. 2007 Hyundai Tucson.