Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Rim- and tyre sizes for Tucson 2017

Old 11-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Smile Rim- and tyre sizes for Tucson 2017

Hello,

Me and my fiancee are waiting for our first Hyundai, which also will be the first South Korean car in our possession. We ended up ordering a Petrol Tucson with Comfort Plus, stock car. And he/she is expected to arrive within a few weeks. Since I am adopted from South Korea, I think it will be a nice parallel here .

Well,

Almost all our previous cars was from Germany. But I have to say that testing a Tucson was a great experience. Imho the overall feeling and quality of Hyundai cars (the one I've tested) are rapidly catching up with the premium segment.

Now,

My personal view on rubber (any) is less is more. Therefore I refused to buy the 17 "wheels with 60-profile summer tires or the 19" that comes with the Premium Package. On our current Audi Allroad, we have 20" wheels with 255/45 tires, which works superbly. Even on bumpy forest roads and gravel roads with potholes. But especially nice on the road course. We intend to use Tucson to what it is built for. I.e. as we use the Audi Allroad. Tucson is by no means an off-road vehicle and should be equipped accordingly, imo.

And this is where I want to find a good solution. I want more steel and less rubber. But I don't want to get me a rapper name, if you get my drift...

So my questions are:

1. Is anyone here running on wheels larger than 19 "included in the Premium Package? Eg 20-21". How has it worked out for you?

2. What is the maximum width of the tire and the rim of the wheel housings, front / respectively. rear? To the extent that it csan be described. Should be in relation to ET, actual tire width and "bulge", etc.

3. What is the width and ET on the original 17 "and 19" rims? I found online ET45 for 16" rims with a maximum rim width of 9".