Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

Avoid Veracruz Factory Nav(Lg)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Thumbs up Avoid Veracruz Factory Nav(Lg)

I have to rate the Factory (LG) Nav system in the 2010 Veracruz as squarely between poor and awful. The sound quality is atrocious and it does not even have an ipod interface! If all you want is talk radio, I suppose it's OK. However, if you enjoy music you should be prepared to be disappointed.

I replaced the unit with a Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT which works well with the PAC-audio SWI-PS steering wheel controls interface. The dash fit is great, the ipod control is great, the steering wheel controls the ipod, and the nav even has my street! None of this is true for the LG Nav unit.

The only hairy parts of the install are (1) you've got to be sure to get the right connector from Metra (the 24 pin) to hook up the Z110BT head unit to the vehicle and (2) you'll need to connect the SWI-PS remote control signal wire to the pin listed as 'audio remote' on the connector drawing on the bottom side of the LG unit. The rest of the pins are also called out.

In short, the LG nav sucks and for the same money [with a little haggling] you can get the Pio put in and join the modern era!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for joining just to bitch. Enjoy your Santa Fe.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
Thanks for joining just to bitch.
I think that comment is out of line, especially from the forum moderator.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Default Helpful hint for buyers.

I offered my comment on the LG nav in the interest of helping other buyers avoid a costly mistake.

The vehicle [other than its nav system] is terrific!

BTW. the Metra wiring harness adapter is P/N 70-1004.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Default Your in good company...

..saying the radio sucked. All of Hyundai radios suck and snice its been the same radio for years, I guess Hyundai people don't really know or care much about audio. As for the NAV itself...that also sucks. I really really wanted an in-dash one but to pay that money for one that has less features than a $150 standalone just doesn't make sense. Even a basic NAV off the shelf can say street names. And I was told you cant look up addresses while the car in in motion. And, as you found out, they pack a crummy radio with it. Its a pretty bad choice for the money. My Veracruz was a toss up with a Ford Edge. Just didn't like the Edge style. Plus other things about the Verzcruz stood out but that crappy radio really bugs me.
Hyundai...love the car...hate the radio.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the info. Many "factory" GPS units are not that great. Plus, the touch screen is locked unless in park. Many newer cars going to VOICE COMMANDS. Just tried a CRV to replace my Santa Fe. Yea, the GPS/radio you can talk to. But the XM display is still 12 characters. $30K car and the expensive GPS doesn't have scrolling text.
Plus many Sana Fe owners were angry as the map for the 08-09 GPS was from 2002. So many roads were not showing up. An upgrade was only $150+ or so, for a brand new car ! Some said they got the upgrade free.
As for NovaResource.. this is a Veracruze.. not a Santa Fe.. big price markup.