Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

Trailer Hitch and Harness installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Default Trailer Hitch and Harness installation

Before you get started.... see U-Haul first as my dealer suggested....
- 2012 VeraCruz FWD and AWD are not the same installation steps
- AWD (2012 new) harness plugin is on the Passenger Side visible underneath. Ends are capped. Remove the CAPS.
- I used a hydraulic car-lift to position the eTrailer VC 2" Trailer Hitch under the 4 holes in the frame. Do not remove the heat shield or lower the muffler, as stated elsewhere, because there is no Tow-O-ring to be removed (AWD doesn't have this O-ring). Elsewhere you will read about lowering the muffler and removing the O-ring permanently (FWD only I guess).
- AWD: Therefore, when the hitch is positioned insert bolts by hand to get them started. You will need a flexible wrench extension. I had removed one rear wheel and raised the car securely with the car lifter, to allow better access to the harness work-area. Secure the harness 4-wire away from the muffler (heat issue).
- Curt harness instructions were indicating the Factory-harness is on the driver side behind the wheel cavity area. Apparently some (AWD) have the factory harness on the passenger side, which is no different - if you patiently look for the wires or someone tells you...
- It will take approx. 1 hour for both items to be installed, with the info. provided here.
As always: do it at your own risk.... U-haul is a better deal for most.....
Good luck.