Hyundai XG 350 The mid-sized luxury model

Air Flow Sensor removal and cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Default RE: Air Flow Sensor removal and cleaning

Thanks again Ken and to all of you who provided advise. I will do as is suggested and I will get back and report the results of my cleaning.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Default RE: Air Flow Sensor removal and cleaning

I did clean the air flow sensor. I disconnected the harness plugging into the sensor, removed a couple of Marmon clamps and placed the unit in the utility tub. The intake end of the tube was protected by a course plastic mesh of the same material as the tube. Behind this mesh was a fine screen. I sprayed through the screen directly onto the upstream side of the sensor then flipped the tube over and sprayed the backside of the sensor. The unit looked clean even before I began.

Prior to dismantling the air flow sensor from the car I placed the car keys inside the house thus preventing me from starting the car without the sensor harness reconnected. The car doesn't seem to run any smoother. But it was a good experience to clean the sensor. It should be done on a regular basis when the air filter change is due.

The only slight problem I ran into was getting the harness disconnected from the sensor. There is a small tab in the top center of the connector. I pushed down with my thumb as hard as possible with no results. Finally I used a pair of needle nose pliers on the tab and it snapped down allowing the harness to release the sensor.

Thanks everyone for your help and advise.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:16 AM

Theft in business organizations without automation leads to significant losses for owners due to insufficient control and accounting of commodities and materials. In such structures, it is difficult to identify productive and ineffective employees; there is no way to optimize the staff. Therefore, people automate managemart their business to avoid lots of problems.