New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Sonata

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Default 2007 Sonata

I love my 2007 Sonata (27,500 miles / 46,000 km) but the last week has been trying. A couple of weeks ago my check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer under warranty and was told it was an oxygen sensor. Took it in and had the work done, I get in the car to drive it home and start it, the engine light comes on. Bring it back the next day, am told again it is fixed, the light comes on again and i am now told it is a short to the oxygen sensor now. Took it back in Monday and leave it for three days, am told it is fixed they overhauled the wiring harness and replaced a bunch of sensors. Igo to get it and I fire it up, on comes the engine light again. Leave it at the dealer for another day, now I am told it is some type of solenoid it will be a few more days. The Service manager tells me he actually thinks it is a short in thewiring harnessas the computer is giving some funny codes, they are working with Hyundai Canada on it. It has been in the shop for six days and counting, with eight or ten or more within reach.

What do I do in this case? The dealer has been great, but I guess the issue is with Hyundai Canada. Any suggestions where I go from here?

Thanks!

Old 04-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2007 Sonata

Does a "Lemon Law" exist in Canada? I know in the US if a new cars is brought in for the same problem a number of times and the dealer can't resolve it you can get a replacement car or your money back.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Default RE: 2007 Sonata

US cars come with a supplemental owner's manual that discusses lemon laws and resolving problems like this with the company. Check the bundle of manuals that came with the car. You may have that information in hand already.