New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello From DELAWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Red face Hello From DELAWARE

Hello everyone- I own a 2007 Sonata and hoping to be able to do some mods. i am hoping that some people from here can give me some advice with that. my car is white and i have thought about changing the color compleatly but i am still undecided about that. hope to make some friends here and get some great advice.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 PM

Be absolutely sure you can't live with the white color before you take it in to get painted. You're basically just going to spend a lot of money. I mean, if you add hardwood floors to a house, it adds value and you can sell the house for a higher price. That is totally not true for a car. Some dealers even give you a hard time if you have a different color car than what the original paperwork says. And if you get a paint job that's not really well done, you're kind of screwed.
Then again, if you're going to be modding your car, you're probably going to keep it for a while -- and if you do sell a modded car, it'll probably be to another Hyundai fan, and they might not care if you've had it painted or not, as long as it looks good.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:12 PM

yes i would be keeping my car a while... the white is starting to grown one me. specially now that i can see more i can do with the white. i know i am going to have touch up paint work done. but i think i can live with the white.