New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Default Help

I need help first of all My name is Holly I own a 99 Hyundai Accent 4 door, 4 banger. I have been having problem with my car. My car has been having what i like to call high energy surges. It will be running normal then all of a sudden my head lights and all the inside lights will get brighter and it feels like the car is "slagging". I have recently had to change me headlights because they "burst" one night when i was driving home while my car was in the "surge" stage, and then last night i had my brights on on just those blew. It has almost 60,000 miles on it and was owned by my grandparents before me. It had its check up at 27,000 and i really do not have the money to take it to the dealer ship to see what the problem is. Oh and my check engine light is on because of two bad O2 sensory (converter and gas intake). Could that be it? Any sugestions?

Old 10-16-2006, 04:29 AM
Default RE: Help

Possibly the alternator is going bad since surges in power sometimes mean its not regulating power properly from the battery to the electrical components of the car.This hasnt happened to my Hyundai but i know it sounds like something similar that made the headlights/instrument panel lights become brighter and made the drive feel very sluggish on another car i used to own....bad alternator.Has the battery gone dead yet because of this problem?

Old 10-16-2006, 05:52 AM
Default RE: Help

No battery problems besides corrosion on the positive side of the battery.