New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi from ellington, Ct

Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Default Hi from ellington, Ct

I became a new hyundai owner about a week ago. First brand new car in my 45 years. It is an 09 pearl white sonata. 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual.

Hyundai was running some pretty heavy discounts in august. I think they know they have a winner for 2009 and want to get off to a good start and put some pressure on Honda and Toyota sales figures.

With the 2000 hyundai discount, 500 dollar military discount and a little haggling, I got the price down to 15,500. I think I did really well for myself, until I sat down with the finance manage and let myself get talked into the extended bumper to bumper and interior/exterior stain treatments. Fortunately, I can still cancel those and plan to do so.

I love the car. I think it is the equal of toyota or honda and comes much better equipped at 2000+ less.

Let's hope they have plenty of manufacturing capacity in Alabama. I think they will need it.

Does anyone have sales figures on the new sonatas? How do they stack up against the Camry/Accord/Altima/Fusion/Malibu/etc?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Default RE: Hi from ellington, Ct

Does anyone have sales figures on the new sonatas? How do they stack up against the Camry/Accord/Altima/Fusion/Malibu/etc?
I've never seen sales figures for individual models, but here is a thread posted by another forum member regarding Hyundai/Kia sales versus other manufacturers:

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/m_15003/tm.htm

Search this Thread