New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, I'm Paul, and I'm an alcoholic

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Default Hi, I'm Paul, and I'm an alcoholic

...who also happens to own his first Hyundai.

Actually, I'm not an alcoholic.

Let's see, I have the auto 4-door GLS with no modifications. My first purchase for the car besides gas is going to be one of those front 'bras,' then mudguards, and then Dynamat sound-deadening material for the doors and trunk.

I am going to keep the same head unit (the XM radio one that has too high a bass boost) but put one Rockford Fosgate P1L-110, 10-inch unpowered subwoofer in the trunk and install a small, Infinity Reference 1300a subwoofer amplifier underneath the rear deck lid (underneath the third brake light there's some cross-beaming metal that I can fabricate a wood platform to fit against: should take all of one afternoon). I listen to XM Radio with:
Bass: +2
Midrange: +2
Treble: +/- 0

With CD Audio and MP3s I tend to listen with the bass at -3 to -4 (Most of my driving music are drum and bass selections and modern electronic dance music, very bass-y stuff mastered for large subwoofer'ed music replay).

I'll post up again when I start diagramming out the electrical wiring the car has now and also post updates on fabricating the amplifier 'bed' and things. I can't take pics (no digital camera) but I can MS Visio what I do diagrammatically.

Enjoy your rides! No need to reply to this post.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hi, I'm Paul, and I'm an alcoholic

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the Elantra purchase. Best of luck with it.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hi, I'm Paul, and I'm an alcoholic

Why are the guys named Paul always the wise guys? Welcome to the forum, Paul.

-Paul