New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi from a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Wink Hi from a newbie

I'm probably a "geezer" to you folks, but I hope this forum is not dominated by kids with 'tudes. I come from BMW forums and just traded in my '01 330i for a Genesis Coupe Track model - one of three Gray colors in Texas - actually two, as the third is driven by a dealership owner as his daily ride. First impression: quick lane changes and cornering are great! Like it's on rails. Rides as rough as a hard-sprung 'vette, which I like. I have the paddle shift auto and can say that, yes, it shifts faster than the manual I test drove. I installed a short shift in my 330i, and the manual in the H coupe is not one of the quickest shifters. This comes from a many years die-hard manual shift guy - I thought I'd never buy an automatic! Fit and finish are not world class. Hood-to-fender gaps are uneven, right to left and the hood is 1/8" higher on the driver's side at the headlight than the passenger side. The paint is closer to orange peel than perfectly even, flat, smooth. BUT, this is not in the price range of a BMW, and such detailed perfection is not to be expected.
I look forward to front paint chip protection die-cut polymer sheets, cold air intake, maybe headers, etc, etc. It's fun so far!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from another "geezer". Fortunately this forum isn't run by kids with attitudes that think they know it all. It's not the most active forum but it's not dead either. It's high on information and help, low on the crap. Hope you enjoy your time here and congrats on the Gen Coupe.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 AM

Thanks Nova. Do you know of a more active, up-to-date forum? I'm wanting to watch for paint protection film kits for the front end and maybe a cold air intake kit. I'll search for dealers on the 'net, but wanted to know if there's enough activity for owners to post tips.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

There are a few Genesis Coupe forums but I don't know the maturity level of the members:

http://www.newgenesiscoupe.com/
http://www.gencoupe.com/
http://forums.genesisbk.com/

Old 05-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Thank you. I've also found genesisspeed.com and GenRacer.com
I'm sure the maturity level will be low, but some of these may be the best for up-to-the-minute info on performance parts.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Smile Hi New Member

Hello Hank, and Welcome to the forums...another GrandPa in the House.

Happy Weeknd to you and if your a Vet..May you have a good Memorial Day.

WheelBroker1

Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2009, 04:04 PM

Thanks WheelBroker1,
Yes, I am an Army vet (1970 - 1971) and a member of the Austin Symphonic Band. As part of a subset of ASB, I played at the Memorial Day ceremony at the Texas State Cemetary. A good weekend indeed.