New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi from the very hot state of AZ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Default Hi from the very hot state of AZ!!!

Hi everyone. My wife is the new owner of a xg350 made in 2002. It has been my mothers since 2003, bought used from hyundai. The only two complaints I have is first, the throttle is very sensitive. Second is the dash has peeled back from the top near the joint near the windshield. Other than that it's a fine car. I perfer Ford and Dodge as I am truck guy, but this is the first From Hyundai and Kia brands I like. Wife owned a 1999 Kia Sophia (great little basic car trim and overall quality was very cheap but mechanically fine) until the second red light runner totaled it. Then purchased a 2005 Kia Sedona (Poor designs made me thing about what a mistake we made) bought new and after 20,000 miles of normal driving needed new front brakes and rotors. Of course Kia said it's normal. So I traded it for my wife sport trac (sorry never had to replace pads and rotor that soon on any Ford).

Back to the Hyundai I have to say this model is gem so far. I also like the rear drive idea of the Gensis. As for the mechanical quality of Hyundai, I am impressed. I work on heavy trucks and joke about throw aways (cars). But this car is well built, better than my 1994 Merc sable which I just sold as parts after 230,000 miles. The computer just failed and not worth fixing. I fell the hyundai feels almost german like. Cannot wait to have enough cash for a Genesis as I read it target was bmw 5.

Last edited by daveydoo; 04-23-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Originally Posted by daveydoo
The only two complaints I have is first, the throttle is very sensitive. Second is the dash has peeled back from the top near the joint near the windshield.
The sensitive throttle is probably just you not being accustomed to the car. The more you drive it should seem less sensitive. The dash peeling probably has something to do with you living in the "very hot state of AZ". Cars don't rust there but interiors don't last.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:02 PM

Yes AZ sun loves to beat up interiors, the really bad thing is the interior color...black As for the throttle it is touchy but nothing to shoot the car over. I still impressed and like it more than the Sephia my wife had. The sephia trim pieces were cheap, once on the freeway going 75 mph some exterior molding became loose. flapping against the windshield. Some silcon sealer and the problem was fixed.