New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've converted!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Default I've converted!

Hi there,

New member here. I am now a huge Hyundai fan. I wasn't planning on buying a new car this year, but my beloved V6 Altima got broadsided by an F-350 last month. I had to say good-bye after 140k. I needed a new car for my wife to use, and being retired, I was interested in the excellent Hyundai Warranty.

Finances are limited for retired folks, so I went to a lot to check out the Accent. After that, we looked at the Elantras. We were really impressed with the standard equipment with these cars. We ended up getting a little more money from the insurance settlement, and realized that we might be able to afford a Sonata if we got one that was stripped down.

Were we ever amazed! It seems that there is no such thing as a "stripped down" Sonata. The equipment that comes with the GLS is incredible. We kicked in a few more bucks, and got the Popular package. Now we feel like we're driving a $40k luxury car, even though we spent about half that. Even my friends at work estimated the price of the car at $30k knowing that it was a Hyundai.

We love our new car, and can't wait to put some serious miles on it, including a few trips from our home in Southern California to the San Francisco Bay Area.

I'll be checking in here to check with you folks as questions about my new vehicle arise.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum!